cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Whizzy2105
Journeyman III

random crashing while searching google chrome

My GPU has been randomly crashing while pulling up google chrome any suggestions or fixes?

0 Likes
3 Replies
sunset08
Adept I

Chrome browser not working properly with new drivers from AMD. If you have a laptop with DTS audio format, it still does not work well. AMD isn't responding to the community either. We will have to wait for a Chrome update or new AMD drivers. Revert to an old AMD driver that you had no problems with.

0 Likes
trantor
Adept I

Just happened to me again. Really hard to tell what's causing it. I use my PC for work and do a lot of browsing in Chrome, sometimes over 10 hours/day. However, the crash does only happen maybe once a week on average.

If I Remote connect to the PC, logging out the user, the screen comes back to live. For me it started around August, maybe the 22.8.xx driver or a Windows/Chrome update at the time (system is always up-to-date).

0 Likes

If you have Hardware Acceleration enabled then disable it completely, also in the AMD Software make sure Image Sharpening is disabled.

Also switch back to 22.5.1, since 22.8.1 the display can also turn black when alt-tabbing from a game.

0 Likes