cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Washclothe
Journeyman III

Random Black Screens multiple times a minute

Random Black screen when playing certain multiplayer games. I can still hear audio but the video cuts out for a certain amount of seconds. For example, Hearts of iron 4, and war of rights, I haven't tested any other games but, games like Civ 6 or battlefield haven't had this issue. It's strange because while streaming on twitch or discord it looks fine, and there is no cut out on that end, just for me. I have used multiple HDMI cords. My pc is plugged directly into the wall and I have tried to do a clean install on my drivers. I have a AMD sapphire pulse 5700 XT. I just built this pc about a month ago.

Has anyone else had this problem, or be able to help me with this problem?

0 Likes
3 Replies

I'm sorry to hear you are heaving problem, and yes it seems may have problems as of now since the forum is completely filled with users experiencing issues with black screens and computer rebooting itself.

I hope AMD fixes the issue with a driver update, since it seems it is the driver that is causing problem.

If you need to use you computer, try uninstalling your graphics driver until you have found a better solution, or use another card for the time being.

0 Likes
Revan83
Adept II

Yes, many of us are having this constant problem. For all the topics that I have read it seems to be a drivers problem, despite the thousand solutions that people are commenting on, none seems to work.

Unfortunately there are only two options, wait for AMD to correct the problem or switch from AMD to Nvidia.

0 Likes
Washclothe
Journeyman III

GUYS!!

i think I figured out my problem, atleast for the games I’ve been experiencing the problem with. Try disconnecting steam and discord from every game first. Then, turn off vsync. Then I turned off freeeync in Radeon and then turned on virtual super resolution and it fixed my problem. I mean I also reinstalled the drivers and that didn’t work at first but after changing these settings I’m seeing results. Let me know if this works for you

0 Likes