cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

etexkg
Journeyman III

Random annoying generic freezes on Windows 7, 750k/R7 250 1GB GDDR5

Hello everyone, I just have to report this because it has been troubling me for some time now. I have a Windows 7 Home Premium with AMD Athlon X4 750K, MSI Radeon R7 250 1 GB GDDR5, and my PC keeps getting this freeze for about minut-two, and I can't do nothing, but I do hear sound, and after that period, my PC just keeps running normally, and sometimes it would happen that this freeze comes 5-6 times in 15 minutes, and you can tell how annoying it can be. I would like to hear some opinions and if anyone knows how can I diagnose this so I can see what hardware part is causing this trouble. Thanks in advance and sorry for bad English (it's not my native language).

0 Likes
10 Replies
asdf23451
Adept III

Try uninstalling the GPU driver, running DDU, then installing the 20.8.3 GPU drivers

0 Likes

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes
etexkg
Journeyman III

kingfish‌ I forgot to mention, every time I try to update windows via Windows Update it keeps giving me some error codes, but for an example, when I installed fresh new Win7 (7-8 times in one day), it gives me maybe 155-170 important updates, and 17 optional, but when I try to update it, it updates 90% of updates and then all the rest can't be updated with some error code. I'm not currently at home at the time I'm composing this message, but as soon as I get home I will try to update Windows again and attach screenshot here. I also want to ask everyone if you think that this is a hardware related error, because I'm assuming that my HDD is almost gone, so if anyone knows if this could be HDD error. If it is, I will immediately replace my HDD with SSD. And just one last thing, if anyone can tell me if my build is good or bad, it's this: CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750k, MB: FM2-A55M-E33, GPU: MSI Radeon R7 250 1 GDDR5, PS: 500W (unknown), but the PC is almost 10 years old. I appreciate every help and every opinion. Thanks again in advance, and shout out to kingfish‌ and asdf23451‌ for fast answer 

0 Likes

0 Likes

Or here...you need version 11.9 (do not accept the update to a newer version,,this is the last one that supports Win7)

WSUS Offline Update - Update Microsoft Windows and Office without an Internet connection 

0 Likes

Install the Service Pack first...some won't install till you do.

0 Likes
etexkg
Journeyman III

Thank you both very much for such a fast answers. I will try all your solutions and let you know the results. Cheers! Luv you ♥

0 Likes
etexkg
Journeyman III

Okay, I did all what you suggested, I did actually manage to install all the windows updates, ran the WSUS, installed updates from those 2 links above, and now there's no way I can install graphics driver, it keeps giving me 1603 error. Thank both of you for your help, but I have just throw my PC out the window, and I'm not joking. 

0 Likes

Sorry I couldn't help

0 Likes