cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

brentil
Adept I

RAIDXpert2 fails to install due to exceeding Windows path length

I am attempting to upgrade RAIDExpert2 to the latest version but it errors during installation.  Looking at the error the reason why makes sense, the installer is trying to write a file to the temp folder with a path that exceeds Windows MAX_PATH of 260 characters.  The path below it's trying to write is 268 characters long.  If the username was shorter it would work but when you have long user names, especially in a domain when the UserName.DomainName is appended it's difficult to make shorter user names.  The file name needs to be shorter when placed in this long temp folder location to ensure it doesn't violate the Windows limitations.

Error 1304.Error writing to file C:\Users\YYYYYYYYYYYY.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ\AppData\Roaming\AMD\AMD_RAID_Software\{52725F25-1375-41DF-B6AF-E97FFF454401}\MSIFiles\program files\AMD\RAID Software\RAIDXpert2_Utility\WT\RAIDXpert2_NVMe\AMD NVMe SATA RAID Quick Start Guide for Windows Operating Systems_1.03.pdf

0 Likes
1 Reply
brentil
Adept I

This issue still exists in the latest raid software 2.17.05.2306 installer preventing it from isntalling.

0 Likes