cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adept I
Adept I

Re: RAIDXpert2 Array 1 Raid Array Critical Error (Offline) after waking from sleep

Same here. I too have this problem.

However I have one more question. I just reinstalled the OS and before I had normal windowed RAIDXpert2. Now I have only webUI. How to restore window version, as web one cannot even readd the lost drive to the array (it sees it as online, but that's all)? It is connected, I can see all disks in BIOS, biut WebUI shows that one is all the time removed. No way to rescan or anything helps...

tl'dr. How to change shitty WebUI back to windowUI?

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Re: RAIDXpert2 Array 1 Raid Array Critical Error (Offline) after waking from sleep

OK. I managed to add the drive and it is now rebuilding. WebUI is very unintuitive compared to the app, which probably was available in older versions.

And why it is rebuilding? Drive wasn't disconnected, so it should have exactly same data as its mirror, right? It's not system data, nor program data drive or one for game data and I wasn't downloading anything, so there were no changes in it's structure. Still it does it and it takes sooooo loooooong... (had to do it already once and it took +/- 11 hours...)

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Not sure if my data change anything, but what I have is:

Specs: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus X570-Plus with Ryzen 5 2600, except HDDs in RAID I have two NVMe drives - ADATA XPG SX6200 Pro and Toshiba XG6 512 GB.

Chipset: 2.03.12.0657

RAIDXpert2: 9.2.0-00105

RAID driver: 9.2.0-00105 (as stated in RAIDXpert2) or 9.3.0.38 (Windows Devices Manager)

RAID Setup: 10 consisting of 8 Seagate ST3000DM001 drives

Windows: 10 Pro x64, v2004, 19592.1001,

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I have the same issue. It started with the upgrade to 1909 and the associated required AMD driver updates late last year. I have 4 arrays with a mixture of WDC, Toshiba, Kingston SSD and Maxtor drives (although each array only has a single manufactures drives).
I have RAID 0, RAID 1, Legacy and a single drive SSD array (marked as RAIDABLE). My system was working with no issues at all for several years until the 1909 + AMD update.
It is usually my RAID 1 array that fails due to 1 drive going offline. But it's 2TB & takes the best part of a week to rebuild (usually fails again before the rebuild finishes). The other arrays do drop as well, but nowhere near as often.

I have  an ASUS ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard.
I tried going to the AMD site for drivers rather than ASUS. That was a mistake & it broke my system. I had to rebuild
However, (Ch3mn3y) that is where you get the version of RAIDXpert2 that runs as a local app & not as a web app. I use RAIDXpert2 from AMD but just be careful NOT to install their drivers.
I'm looking forward to an update from AMD via ASUS to fix this as it is becoming very tedious.

Adept I
Adept I

Will try ASUS drivers, however had them before and had similar problem (but rsrer I think). Still this time it could be just Winfows messing eith my data, as whole OS broke down after few reboots (now it won't even boot into safe mode...

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Is there an update scheduled to fix this? I have to prevent my PC from sleeping which is not very green, not to mention costly. I was forced to update the AMD drivers last year in order to move to Windows 1903. Prior to that, everything was fine with my system.It went to sleep, woke up for backups and I never had disk issues. Now, I cannot let my PC go to sleep because when it wakes up, one or more disks will show as missing. I can shutdown & reboot without issue, it's just power management that's the problem. There has not been a RAID driver update since November 2019. I'm really hoping that AMD fix this soon. 

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi All,

I just joined the AMD forum as I am having a very similar issue with RAIDXpert2 arrays to what you all seem to:

I have a new system with an X570 chipset, Windows 10 64-bit v2004 and RAIDXpert2 9.3.0-00038 using only chipset drivers from the AMD website (rather than the ASUS web site). The problem I have is that one of my two RAID10 arrays on (the same) 4 HDDs disappears from the system after a reboot/shutdown and the only way to get it back is to use device manager and "scan for hardware changes". The only difference to what you experienced is that RAIDXpert2 does not report a RAID failure. I wonder if this is a new "bug" or somehow related to the problem you all experienced? Incidentally, the PC cannot enter sleep mode at all - the monitor, keyboard and mouse go on standby but the system stays awake, just completely unresponsive - and rather strangely my UPS shows a 40-50W increase in power consumption!

ASUS tech support suggested I reset my CMOS (full battery pull etc.) to cure it. I have yet to hear back from my AMD tech support ticket.

What's the current situation with your problem - are your systems all working again even with the latest Windows update?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Hi Jonathan
I think maybe you have a different issue. I never have a problem if I shutdown the system, it's purely when it wakes from sleep. Then one or more disks are not discovered, causing the RAIDs to go bad. A rescan, immediately finds the missing disk(s) and rebuilding starts. 
Last week I updated to Windows 10 version 2004. I decided to let my machine sleep to see if there was still a problem. There was! On waking my 2TB array was marked as bad. It's been rebuilding for the last 3 days & is only 40% complete!

What I have now done is downloaded the latest chipset drivers from AMD (2.04.28.626,  released June 3 2020). In the past taking drivers direct from AMD has caused issues booting my system & I have had to restore from backup. So I usually only use the drivers from ASUS. But the notes for this latest release contain the following:
"AMD Ryzen™ Power Plans (required for UEFI CPPC2 in Windows® 10 May 2019 Update)"
So I ran the installer but only selected the installation of the Power Plans. 
I have put my PC to sleep a few times, and so far no issues. I'll test it more fully once my RAID completes rebuilding. Right now I have disabled sleep so that the rebuild runs 24 hours.

Cheers

Keith 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I don't use hibernation, so I don't think fast start will make any difference.

0 Kudos