Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cleber
Adept I

RAID installation Windows Server 2019 on 5950X/B550

Hello,

I'm trying to install windows server 2019 on a RAID1 array (on HDDs for testing, then will be on SATA SSDs) on my brand new ASUS TUF gaming B550 and 5950X

I am following user guide here

At the page 53, when trying to load driver after booting on windows server installation media, windows keep rejecting the rcbottom.inf saying : " No new driver detected. Verify that installation media contain correct dirvers, then click OK"

I tried amd_raid_drivers from my ASUS motherboard's page (multiple version v9.3.0.226, v9.3.0.38) and from AMD X399 page (version v9.3.0.296) none of those versions seems to work...

What I am missing? Below are a few pictures of my BIOS settings

PXL_20220221_153100803.jpgPXL_20220221_153118693.jpgPXL_20220221_153136397.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
cleber
Adept I

Turns out the USB key was done with BalenaEtcher seems to be bad.

I've redone the USB key with Rufus (MBR instead of GPT), Rufus claimed an error occurred at 95 or 96% but the key is still bootable...

When booting on the new USB key, I have the option to choose which version of WS 2019 I want (Standard, Standard + Desktop, Data center, Data center + Desktop) : I didn't had the option on the BalenaEtcher USB key...

And then clicking load driver, this time it worked...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
cleber
Adept I

I tried booting on W10 Pro USB KEY, there I can load driver and see the RAID 1 array for installing on it...

Should I try loading older BIOS on the motherboard and try older AMD driver? Or can I stay last BIOS and try different version of driver?

0 Likes
cleber
Adept I

Turns out the USB key was done with BalenaEtcher seems to be bad.

I've redone the USB key with Rufus (MBR instead of GPT), Rufus claimed an error occurred at 95 or 96% but the key is still bootable...

When booting on the new USB key, I have the option to choose which version of WS 2019 I want (Standard, Standard + Desktop, Data center, Data center + Desktop) : I didn't had the option on the BalenaEtcher USB key...

And then clicking load driver, this time it worked...

0 Likes

RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) is a storage technology that combines multiple hard drives into a single volume for the purpose of improving performance or protecting data. Windows comes with a simple RAID Management utility that you can use to create, configure, or convert hard disks to RAID 0, 1, or 5 volumes with a couple mouse clicks. However, it doesn't give you the option to change RAID levels from within the operating system, which is required if you want to change RAID levels from within the operating system. In order to change the RAID level for a disk, you'll need to either: 1) create a new partition on the disk, or 2) reconfigure the existing partition to use a different RAID level.

0 Likes

Click here to get regural updates.

0 Likes