cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rivendare
Journeyman III

Raid drivers

Hello, I have set up the raid array with RAIDXpert2, installed the bottom device driver but  when I try to install the next one, controller [storport] driver rcraid.inf, it keeps loading and loading. it has been one hour it still shows like it is loading. Am I missing something? any suggestions?

Thank you

0 Likes
4 Replies

Need more information on your computer system including Make & Model of Motherboard, GPU, CPU. Plus Windows, BIOS, and AMD Driver versions installed.

Thank you for answering here is additional info:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800 X 8 Core

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero

2 X Corsair 8 GB DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 AMD Optimized RAM

Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2070 Super

Windows 10 Pro

AMD Driver version: 9.00.00.088

Please let me know if you need more info.

0 Likes

Have you check if you have the latest RAID Driver and BIOS and CHIPSET Versions installed from Asus Support: ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS Global 

The BIOS, CHIPSET, and RAID drivers might make your motherboard more compatible in setting up RAID on your motherboard.

If after doing all of the above, then maybe amdmatt‌ might offer some suggestions and is knowledgeable about installing RAID.

howardtgs
Adept I

I have found with AM4 Gigabyte AORUS B450 chipset motherboards that, when loading RAID drivers from USB stick either during Windows install or in an offline recovery environment (boot Win 10 media, select Repair etc.) that loading of drivers requires a little patience.  It seems all three (bottom, config and RAID) are needed but the order in which you load them does not seem consistent and often you need several iterations around the three.  Moreover, there are multiple "devices" listed for them (except storport) and it does not seem to matter which one you select.  Some report an error.  Some don't.  But in my experience I always have success eventually!  I have not found a consistent sequence that always works predictably.  

That was with driver versions 9.2.0.87 and 9.2.0.105.  The process might improve with 9.2.0.127 - we will see!