cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

garyggl58
Adept I

RadeonSoftware.exe - Bad Image atiadlxx.dll identified/Error 0xc000012f.

First post & haven't built a system in 11 years, many cobwebs to shack out.  The build went great and I loaded the latest version of Windows 10 pro (fully updated).  I downloaded the latest AMD Graphics Drivers recommended for my CPU (AMD Auto Detect) and received the following message after loading the drivers - "RadeonSoftware.exe - Bad Image c:\Windows\SYSTEM32\atiadlxx.dll is either not designed to run Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again [I did and failed] etc., etc. Error status 0xc000012f.  

Some of my build details - all installed yesterday:

• CPU - Ryzen 7 5700G
  • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
  • Samsung 980 NVME SSD
  • 32gb RAM
  • Windows 10 Pro (21H1, build 19043.1165)
  • BIOS: 7C91vA81
  • Chipset Driver: 3.08.17.735
  • AMD Graphics Adrenalin 21.6.1 (WHQL) - attempted 

I'm not sure how to go forward from here.  Should I try the 21.8.2 drivers - even though they are considered "optional"?  The release notes do not make mention on this error/fix though.  I have run into no other errors.  In the meantime, the Windows Graphics Driver seems to be running just fine - but who wants to use the Windows driver?

Full disclosure - I'm 58 and my 23yr old son says the community boards are where the answers are at and that the community will be kind to a builder with basic skills. 

Please point me in the right direction! Thx

0 Likes
16 Replies