Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

righteous_coder
Journeyman III

Re: Radeon VII Screen Flickering When Using Dual Displays

@pokester wrote:

Hope you didn't buy that 2080ti new at full price. A 3070 is about the same speed and most range from 500-600. 

At this point I don't even care. I'll take whatever card doesn't flicker while I'm working on it. FFS if I had epilepsy I could sue them for how often this card would trigger a seizure...

0 Likes
oark
Adept II

@pokester wrote:

Hope you didn't buy that 2080ti new at full price. A 3070 is about the same speed and most range from 500-600. 

4 months Used 2080 Ti  for 680$

0 Likes
righteous_coder
Journeyman III

Sadly I fear I'll be doing the same. This was the first and last AMD graphics card I've ever bought. I can't believe they haven't fixed this issue yet... lesson learned... fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Based on this experience, and the thread above, this card has cost them a ton of brand equity and customers. Shame they didn't take the issue more seriously.

0 Likes
righteous_coder
Journeyman III

I would pay good money to see a tech reporter ask them about this issue during their next product unveiling conference. They deserve significant backlash for this card. In fact, anyone who comes to this thread, make sure to 1 star this product where ever you bought it to save any other poor soul thinking of buying this card based on the PC benchmarks.

0 Likes
oark
Adept II

@righteous_coder wrote:

@pokester wrote:

At this point I don't even care. I'll take whatever card doesn't flicker while I'm working on it. FFS if I had epilepsy I could sue them for how often this card would trigger a seizure...

Totally ture and don't forget they stopped manufacture Radeon VII after six months

EOL for a reason 

0 Likes
righteous_coder
Journeyman III

How it feels to own a Radeon VIIHow it feels to own a Radeon VII

0 Likes
righteous_coder
Journeyman III

@oark wrote:

@righteous_coder wrote:

@pokester wrote:

Totally ture and don't forget they stopped manufacture Radeon VII after six months

EOL for a reason 

That is incredibly telling... 

0 Likes
liakoulee
Adept II

Exact same issue here with a Vega 64. I have the second monitor disconnected till this gets resolved....hoping for the next release which is being cooked for a while now.

0 Likes
karyves
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with my old HD Radeon 5800 Series. Only when I use 2 screens. (one on HDMI the other on DisplayPort)

I found that the problem appears when the GPU clocks change.

I opened the AMD Catalyst Control Center tool on the performance tab.  

When the screen flickers, I see the memory clock going from 1200 MHz to 900 MHz. And it flickers again when it goes back to 1200 MHz. 
I noticed that when the GPU Clock and memory clock are set to 400/900 MHz, the screen does not flickered.

I tried to use the OverDrive to set the value, but it doesn't work. 

If there is a way to lock the clocks, I think the flickering would stop, but I didn't find a way to do it yet.

0 Likes
ctorbaoglu
Journeyman III

Re: Radeon 5700 XT (MSI Gaming X) Screen Flickering When Using Dual Displays

I never had this issue since I bought mine last year. Was using my 65" 4K LG TV. No problem whatsoever with the games.

Temporarily moved somewhere else and using Samsung 32" TV (HDMI) for 2 months now. 2 weeks ago I started seeing minimal corruption once in a week. I changed my HDMI cable and its gone.

4 days ago I re installed Windows 10 and the new 21.3.2 driver and I am banging my head on the wall since then. Second 7" touchscreen (plugged to onboard Intel GPU) keep on going black, Main screen cannot get the signal and not turned on. And flickering every couple of seconds. Re installing Windows 3 times back and forth previous 20.3.1, 30.2.3 driver with no luck.

I plugged out the 7" touchscreen completely but still flickering. I ordered certified DP to HDMI cable to try. Because GPU has only 1 HDMI and 3 DP port and TV has only HDMI.

Leys see.

Asus ROG Maximus XI CodeMB, I7-8700K CPU, G.Skill Platinum 32GB. 4000Mhz. CL 16 RAM, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD, 2*Toshiba 7TB HDD, MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X GPU, Corsair AX 860 PSU, Zalman HD160 XT 71 Touchscreen Case
0 Likes