cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

HeadOfCatering
Journeyman III

Re: Radeon VII Screen Flickering When Using Dual Displays

This is so frustrating... at the moment I can't even get a new card without wasting money on an obsolete model... the new NVIDIA cards aren't available anywhere... and it's not like I'll buy an AMD card EVER AGAIN... fool me once...

don't get me wrong... I'm in IT and I can deal with bugs... but this is outrageous... they sell me a card with 4 ports and after YEARS it's been out it still doesn't work and in this thread an AMD guy even acknowledges it's a know issue AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE ABOUT IT... really??? really??? tell me why I should reward AMD with another purchase? If I had the resources I would sue the **bleep** out of them... that's the only way they learn... great customer support... awesome

pokester
MVP

That is very frustrating and a very expensive card to not work as it should.

I assume you have tried working with support?

You can contact AMD support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

If they cant fix it maybe you can demand the RMA it with one that works or give you a newer model that works.

If you paid with a credit card some of them have buyer protection that you can get your money back too.

Also never under estimate the power of filing a good old fashioned BBU complaint where they are headquartered. 

I had a Sony tv that Sony would not help on that was clearly under warranty. When they got the summons for the small claims court filing that cost me only 75 bucks they decided it was cheaper to do the right thing and replace the tv then send a leagal rep to Missouri for a court date. 

Don't give up on them making right on that card. You spent a lot for that thing!

I assume you are still trying the newer drivers and running DDU before the install and using Factory Reset when installing. That can help if the driver is just not installing right with express install. 

Good Luck!

0 Likes
oark
Adept II

I upgraded last night My PC from Intel i7 9700K to Ryzen 9 5900x

But same issue, main monitor flicker and even more than before for example Calculator App alone in main screen can now trigger the flicker and Origin.exe, steam.exe and Battle.net.exe 

:( AMD HELP! 

0 Likes
oark
Adept II

My friend computer with new Radeon 6800 and Ryzen 7 5800X
SAME PROBLEM!

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-12 at 12.50.37 PM.jpeg

0 Likes
righteous_coder
Journeyman III

Agreed, I don't know why this has not been solved... Also the marked answer is just another person showing the issue... AMD WHERE ARE YOU AT ON THIS ISSUE? THIS IS NOT A BUDGET GPU FIX YOUR PRODUCT NOW!

0 Likes
righteous_coder
Journeyman III

@HeadOfCatering wrote:

I Just discovered that I have this issue too... looks like I bought the second monitor and the 2 monitor stand for nothing... I'm p***ed off!

Thanks for posting this... otherwise I would have gone mad troubleshooting this issue... never would have thought that a higher end graphics card like the Radeon VII can't handle 2 screens...

Why are there even 4 ports on this card if it doesn't work?... great job AMD...

Yeah, it's clearly software related because the issue doesn't persist when actually playing games. Only when the GPU is idle.

0 Likes
righteous_coder
Journeyman III

@oark wrote:

My friend computer with new Radeon 6800 and Ryzen 7 5800X
SAME PROBLEM!

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-12 at 12.50.37 PM.jpeg

Why is this marked as the solution? This is just another person showing the issue exists. AMD WE NEED A REAL FIX FOR THIS!!!! WTF IS THIS HOW YOU SUPPORT YOUR HIGHER END PRODUCTS? NOT IMPRESSED. NOTE THE ALL CAPS TO EMPHASIZE MY FRUSTRATION.

0 Likes
righteous_coder
Journeyman III

HEY AMD MAYBE WE CAN GET SOME ATTENTION ON THIS ISSUE IF I SPAM YOUR FORUMS ABOUT IT??? OR SHOULD I SPAM YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS TOO? MAYBE SHAME YOU ON REDDIT'S SUB FOR PC MASTER RACE? This card has been out far too long with an issue that would be classified as unusable product. Did you use the same vendor for parts on this GPU as Boeing did on the 737 Max? Seriously I don't know how else to say it. You sold broken products. No request for a new one will matter because there is clearly a software issue with this card and you've made no notable progress to resolve the issue.

0 Likes
oark
Adept II

IMG_20201229_163046.jpg

IMG_20201229_165454.jpg

I just today bought 2080 Ti to replace my Radeon VII because i can't work anymore using AMD GPU

Sadly more than year of waiting for a fix and recently  i am forced to work in my home because of COVID

Funny thing i already bough Nitro+ 6800 XT  and going to be shipped after one month but i am really thinking of selling it to my friend then bye bye AMD GPU 

Bought Ryzen 9 5900x I was hoping full AMD rig would be better choice but what a failure. 

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Hope you didn't buy that 2080ti new at full price. A 3070 is about the same speed and most range from 500-600. 

0 Likes