cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

elibkmp
Adept I

Re: Radeon VII Screen Flickering When Using Dual Displays

I might try 19.5.2 when I get home and verify this on my own card. But that specific driver was released on June 4, 2019. So a temporary fix cant be classified as temporary if the issue hasn't been resolved in a year and a half. I still want image sharpening and all the updated game support since then.

0 Likes
xiatian
Adept II

Well at least this lets me use the PC normally without constant flickering and artefacts. I call it a temporary fix because I am still kind of hoping they will finally fix it in the current driver version before the card is abandoned altogether.

Judging by the sorry state of affairs (and the February 2019 thread) AMD does not really care. There were two posts by ray_m‌ in that thread, at the very start, and that was it.

0 Likes
teslap100
Adept I

I have not tried drivers going back past 20.8.X, I might try at some point. For my hard crash issue with the Samsung G7 monitor I may have found a temporary fix, which involves using HDMI instead of Displayport. I'm still seeing intermittent desktop flickering, however it does not instantly BSOD when I have two monitors active from the little testing I've done so far, so fingers crossed. The only issue now is that I cannot use the monitors 240 hz only 144 hz and 8 bit color instead of 10 bit, due to HDMI bandwidth limitations.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Radeon VII has been well known to be problematic with dual panels. I suggest using a good 4K or 8K panel depending on the workflow.

0 Likes
elibkmp
Adept I

Just to update. I have noticed absolutely no screen flicker in the 20.10.1 adrenaline drivers. It only took way too long for this to get fixed in a flagship product, but I'm glad it's finally done. Thank you amd!

0 Likes
oark
Adept II

Using now 20.10.1 driver and Windows  20H2.

It is worst than ever, my mouse cursor glitched after the flicker when i was watching video then paused for 10 seconds. I had to restart my pc because mouse cursor was replaced with broken pixels.

0 Likes
xiatian
Adept II

The mouse cursor issue is quite an annoying one and is not related to flicker, it has been there since at least HD3000 series (and I think I had that issue appear even with the original Radeon 7500 Pro, the AGP one).

If you have two monitors you might notice that the cursor is fine on the other one, and sometimes (but rarely) the cursor can be fixed by switching video modes or rapidly moving it between two screens.

teslap100
Adept I

With 20.10.1 I still can't use displayport on my Samsung G7 with two monitors active and still have the occasional desktop flickering on both monitors. I think they are aware about the issue, but its concerning that its taking so long to fix.

oark
Adept II

20.11.1, 20.11.2 and 20.11.3

The problem not fixed yet.

HeadOfCatering
Journeyman III

I Just discovered that I have this issue too... looks like I bought the second monitor and the 2 monitor stand for nothing... I'm p***ed off!

Thanks for posting this... otherwise I would have gone mad troubleshooting this issue... never would have thought that a higher end graphics card like the Radeon VII can't handle 2 screens...

Why are there even 4 ports on this card if it doesn't work?... great job AMD...