cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

verte95
Adept II

Radeon VII / Adrenalin 20.2.2 / Blackscreens occurs by time to time

Hello i have now a new installed Win10 System with an Ryzen 3900x on MSI X470 Gaming Pro Max Mainboard. 

I had already problems with my Radeon VII in older driver versions and another System (i7 7770k MSI H270 Gaming M3)

With the new drivers thankfully most of my issues are gone. For example i do not have any hangs or crashes in games  like in previous driver version (20.1.3 or 20.2.1)

BUT !!!!

sometimes when i am on the desktop, with Spotify Application running and some surfing with chrome or watching video a BLACKScreen occurs, and Win10 reboot.

These Blackscreens occur not very often, i think per week 5-6 times

Because i have an fresh Win10 install on a new CPU and Mainboard i can exclude problems with the System and chipset. Also i had the same problems with a i7 i7770k on H270

Please fix this AMD!

Information:

Adrenalin 20.2.2

Win10 Pro 1909

Ryzen 9 3900x

MSI X470 Gaming Pro MAX with newest BIOS Version (7B79vM4)

4x Corsair Vengeance 8gb 3000 DDR4

Bequiet Straght Power 10 800w

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully I should be able to comment here.

We had the same issue with the VII black screen, last time we quit an emulator and bam black screen on the desktop.

Seems like the VII is utilizing some 2D clock speed and just downclocking and undervolting the GPU so drastic, that the whole display cuts off.

I blame this issue due to the removed ''Power Effiincency'' option.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

sometimes when i am on the desktop, with Spotify Application running and some surfing with chrome or watching video a BLACKScreen occurs, and Win10 reboot.

Can you try disabling hardware acceleration in your web browser and let me know if that helps?

thank you, i will try it. It seems to be the video_TDR Error

And another Problem occurs today, sometimes my 144hz display goes very stuttering much lower than 60hz!, the music stutters and the mouse cursor stutters. It seems that the GPU don't have enough voltage? But my Radeon VII is stock!!! 

0 Likes

amdmatt

will there a fix soon that i can use hardware acceleration again?

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

try installing "whocrashed" software and see if crash is about video_TDR

I have 20.2.2 installed , it's seems ok for now with the video tdr problem I had (but only tested for 2 days for now)...  had these black screen too with previous 2020 drivers ... was waiting with 19.11.3 => you can try these, they work fine with VII

0 Likes

Yes its a video TDR Error!

0 Likes