Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MikeRM2
Journeyman III

Radeon Vega II driver timeout

Good afternoon,

Ever since there was a forced update of my computer to Windows 11, I have been experiencing a driver timeout issue when playing any game.  In troubleshooting this issue, I have done the following:

Refreshed Windows 11

DDU'd GPU drivers, and did not let Windows install any drivers.

Installed AMD drivers downloaded from the site.

Changed the Power Supply

Set game settings in game to lowest possible graphics

A game will run for upwards of 10 minutes then black screen with a driver timeout.  The game remains loaded and running, but I can no longer access it from the main screen.  If I kill it from task manager, I can launch the game again, but it will not last 10 minutes, and will successively decrease the amount of time that the game can be played to where it has black screened with a driver timeout the moment the first graphics screen loaded.  This has been happening for many months now, and I am frankly not sure where the issue is.  If I look in event viewer I see: Display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has successfully recovered.  But this issue keeps happening.  I need a fix to be able to use this computer again, as only games are an issue with this.

r/

Michael

Specs:

Windows 11 Pro (21H2)

Intel Core i7-9700K

Radeon Vega II

16 GB Ram Corsair Dominator

0 Likes
1 Reply
MikeRM2
Journeyman III

Well I downgrade the driver to 21.6.2 and things smoothed out, no driver timeouts or other issues.  So this seems to me to really be the driver.  I started having these issues starting with 21.9.1.

0 Likes