cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jodo
Journeyman III

Radeon Vega 11 driver for Windows 8.1

Hi, excuse my bad english, I am foreigner. I buy parts for my new PC, with AMD Ryzen 2400g and Radeon Vega 11. But drivers for my Windows 8.1 missing!!! I try Windows 10, but this system still load my disc. Windows 10 is very dissapointed for me. I have a classic mechanic disc, and his constantly noise making me crazy. Please, I must have drivers for Windows 8.1. I not want use Windows 10.

0 Likes
7 Replies
locodicegr
Miniboss

Windows 8.1 Driver support is ended (and the right thing to do).

Windows 10 & 7 Only drivers from now on..clean install windows 10 with usb.

I agree with locodicegr, try a clean install of windows 10 via usb drive...windows 10 is not perfect but not as "buggy" as windows 8.

Keep us posted.

g3b

0 Likes
jodo
Journeyman III

Again, excuse my bad english.

Drivers for Windows 7 NOT WORKING for Radeon Vega 11.

If I know, what the drivers for windows 8 wil not be available, I would NEVER buy this processor. I feel like scammed (or cheated) customer.

For Linux drivers exist, for Windows  8.1 not? Really? This is bad joke?

I were AMD fanboy, but this is history. My next processor wil not be AMD.

Sigh..............Again, CLEAN INSTALL WINDOWS 10 with a usb...

Its a shame to use a new processor in windows 7....

0 Likes

This is from Microsoft.com concerning the life cycle of Windows 7 & 8/8.1: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

Windows 8.1 and 7

Prior releases of the Windows operating system are governed by the Fixed Lifecycle Policy. This policy comprises two phases: mainstream support and extended support. See Microsoft Fixed Policy Details for more details.

Client operating systemsEnd of mainstream supportEnd of extended support
Windows 8.1January 9, 2018January 10, 2023
Windows 7, service pack 1*January 13, 2015January 14, 2020
* Support for Windows 7 RTM without service packs ended on April 9, 2013. Be sure to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to continue to receive support and updates.

Prior versions of Windows, including Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, have limited support when running on new processors and chipsets from manufacturers like Intel, AMD, NVidia, and Qualcomm. For more information, see the Microsoft Lifecycle FAQ. A device may not be able to run prior versions of Windows if the device hardware is incompatible, lacks current drivers, or is otherwise outside the original equipment manufacturer’s (OEM) support period.

AMD is not the only company to stop supporting Windows 8.1. or Windows 7 as far as hardware or software is concern.

For your information only, Your Ryzen 2400g (Raven Ridge) is NOT COMPATIBLE with Windows 7. The only way to get your CPU working correctly is to upgrade to Windows 10.

To the OP, you learned an important lesson. Don't buy AMD if you want good drivers and good support.  Windows 8.1 is still a supported OS from Microsoft for several years to come. I stumbled upon this post because I have a workstation with a Windows 8.1 Pro license. I put a Radeon RX 580 in it, and started searching for drivers. The website only lists Windows 10 or 7.  Kinda interesting since Windows 7 is being discontinued much earlier than 8.1.  Even though 8.1 may not have a terribly large installed base, it is the foundation for the HUGELY popular Server 2012 R2 OS. I guess AMD never had to worry about server OS's for the past decade because their stuff sucked so bad that nobody in their right mind would put it in a datacenter. Therefore, they didn't even have to worry about drivers for 2012 R2.  I guess I kinda answered my own question. Now you know.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
0 Likes

Windows 8.1 is the worst OS in the universe and full of problems.

Good luck with that.

0 Likes