cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jtmoney26
Journeyman III

Radeon Software will not open at all (but icon is in system tray)

For many versions of the software, I have had trouble opening Radeon Software. In the past, a simple reboot would be a temporary fix, but with the latest version, I can't open it at all it seems. I see the Radeon Software icon in the system tray, and I have the latest drivers installed (I think), but I can't open it. Auto-update is enabled. When I click the icon, nothing happens, and when I open it directly it opens a blank bordered window that just copies whatever you hover over it. Attached is an example screenshot.

I have seen other posts about this issue (from over a year ago) but never saw a definitive solution.

I checked the driver in the registry and in DxDiag and they are both version 26.20.15029.27016

Is there anything I could try to fix it?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Reply
jtmoney26
Journeyman III

Update: I think this has something to do with the "Radeon Host Application" program. I have seen a popup saying it is restarting, so apparently it is crashing. After it self-restarts I can open the Radeon software. So apparently that program crashes silently in the background. I will try using DDU and reinstalling Radeon drivers in safe mode.