cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

keppoch
Journeyman III

Radeon Software will not let me set a manual fan curve

The issue I have is that I can't set a manual fan curve in the Radeon Software.  I can go into the performance settings and inside the Tunning menu I can enable fan tunning and advance controls.  I can set a new fan curve and apply changes.  Then after about 3 seconds, the fan curve defaults back to what it was and I'm back to where I started.

The card has been getting hot under load.  I know this because I've linked my case fans to throttle up when the GPU gets hot via the iCUE program.  But the GPU fans are set to 46% MAX and can't seem to adjust that either.

I have a Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC, Gigabyte X570 Ultra, Ryzen 5 3600X with 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro 3600.

I see that more than a few people are having issues with the fan curve but I haven't seen a fix.  Any help appreciated.

1 Reply

I suggest you run DDU and install the latest driver again. If the driver hangs for any reason it will return the fan and any other settings you changed back to defaults. 

If the card continues to overheat, you need to evaluate if you have an air flow issue with your case or just a bad GPU.

If you suspect a bad GPU then talk to the support department of who made your card about options for an RMA. 

0 Likes