The video stuff options that were still included in the Catalyst drivers (0-255, de-interlacing modes, etc.). ATI used to be the benchmark when it comes to video stuff - the Crimson drivers are a joke in this respect unfortunately!
Are you still taking suggestions?
We really need more options for VSR. We need to be able to use it in all aspect ratios and all target resolutions, like Nvidia's DSR. Even better, we could create custom resolutions for DSR, similar to the existing custom resolution feature.
Guys, this is a MAJOR request for ReLive^
- Please create Toggle shortcut for Replay (not for saving).
- Please create Push-To-Talk. A toggle between On/Off/Push-To-Talk.
- Global and per-profile colour-profile, windowed and full-screen mode (both exclusive and non exclusive - aka borderless window - modes).
- Adaptive v-sync (upper bound v-sync).
- Lower-bound v-sync (ie: you can choose a lower bound limit where v-sync stop to be applied, like 30Hz on a 60Hz screen).
- Optimize games and application profiles loding in the Radeon settings (I have tons of games installed and every time I open the "Games" settings I have to wait a lot since the process have to read every time all application from my storage). Hints: cached profile with less memory usage, and async search for new profile (using c++17 coroutines should be an easy to implement hints).
PS: traditional triple buffering CANNOT work under DirectX, stop asking for this.
darkradeon, Could you stop being ignorant on the triple buffering subject?
AMD, for Triple buffering in DirectX you need just to increase the "BufferCount" member of the presentation parameters to 3 on device creation (see more: Why DirectX doesn't implement triple buffering? - DirectX and XNA - GameDev.net . And possibly check the "SwapEffect" field to make sure it's valid to use. That's what 3rd party tools did (D3d overrider, etc)
The only downside will be that it adds latency of 1 frame but hey, just give us this option! Those who wants this will use it and those who doesn't - will not!
Increasing the buffer count of a DXGISwapChain will not give you the same result as OpenGL/traditional triple buffering: under DXGI the swap chain will wait always at least one frame (setting 0 as value will fallback to default value, which is 3). You can control the number of frame to wait since DXGI 1.3 (Windows 8.1). Actually (DXGI 1.4 and 1.5) you can play a lil with back-buffers as Intel showed: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/sample-application-for-direct3d-12-flip-model-swap-chains.
This is not a driver thing, this is all about how the Windows presenter (DWM) works. You cannot also easily enforce a behaviour if the uses a prior version of the swap-chain that does not support your requested features since they are implemented as interface sub-classes with different vtable and potentially different size in memory.
"That's what 3rd party tools did (D3d overrider, etc)"
Congrats, you guys use 3rd party tools which increase the application latency.
I think vote for RADEON FEATURES should be accessed and counted by registrations and not by IP address like now.
For the latest 24 hours idea Radeon Settings built in performance benchmark gained 3000 votes! from 1000 to 4000! It's fraudulent activity.
Remove Advanced Settings entry from Context menu!
You can always launch those Advanced Settings from a Crimson panel with ease anyways. And it won't dump poor context menu with wide useless entries.
As long as you move settings from Advanced Settings to Crimson strip off settings from Advanced Settings CCC (like you did with Color Calibration) there is little to no point of using it at all, not to mention that you are able to launch it anyways from Crimson Panel.