Radeon software not working!

ok system as follows:

MSI RX580
MSI B350M PRO
16GB
M.2
Oculus Rift
WIN10 x64 all up to date

So my Radeon system tray icon disappeared.
Tried reinstalling and it came back, but did not respond to mouse Left or right.
tried reinstalling, uninstalling with REVO, ticked the delete previous installs with native software.

Still left unable to access the usual GUI.

While loading windows I can initially right-click for some menu options but then at some point becomes unresponsive.

I probably last accessed a month ago.

Any ideas?

5 Replies
ollyk2
Adept I

Just a bump to ask if anyone has any ideas please?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Did you update youre drivers ?

@ollyk2 wrote:

ok system as follows:

MSI RX580
MSI B350M PRO
16GB
M.2
Oculus Rift
WIN10 x64 all up to date

So my Radeon system tray icon disappeared.
Tried reinstalling and it came back, but did not respond to mouse Left or right.
tried reinstalling, uninstalling with REVO, ticked the delete previous installs with native software.

Still left unable to access the usual GUI.

While loading windows I can initially right-click for some menu options but then at some point becomes unresponsive.

I probably last accessed a month ago.

Any ideas?

0 Likes

Yep tried uninstalling and doing so using both the Radeon install manager and REVO uninstaller which finds leftover entries but no luck!

0 Likes
whitehedge
Journeyman III

Same here, it works for a while but later when I open the System Tray I see additional AMD icons (2 extra, maybe three) that close themselves as I watch. One unresponsive icon remains.

I first noticed the issue after installing 21.4.1 a couple of days ago. I ran the driver removal tool, installed 21.3.1 that previously worked ... and it still happens.

So I suspect it could be Windows 10.0.19042 (the October 2020 update that only got rolled out to me a few days back) and that the problem went unnoticed by me until I installed the new AMD stuff which caused me to actually interact with the system tray icon. 

XFX RX480
MSI B450-A-Pro
16Gb
Windows 10.0.19042

0 Likes
whitehedge
Journeyman III

Same here, it works for a while but later when I open the System Tray I see additional AMD icons (two extra, maybe three) that close themselves as I watch. One unresponsive icon remains.

I first noticed the issue after installing 21.4.1 a couple of days ago. I ran the driver removal tool, installed 21.3.1 that previously worked ... and it still happens.

So I suspect it could be Windows 10.0.19042 (the October 2020 update only got rolled out to me a few days back) and that the problem went unnoticed by me until I installed the new AMD stuff which gave me a reason to interact with the system tray icon. 

XFX RX480
MSI B450-A-Pro
16Gb
Windows 10.0.19042

0 Likes