cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Secret_Swartz
Journeyman III

RADEON SOFTWARE NOT OPENING(PLZ READ BEFORE ROLLING EYES)

Hello all,

So I am sure you have heard all of this a million times but before you all go "check google" I have and this is not an issue that I've been having for a couple of hours on an old graphics card. This is a problem I've been having since AUGUST on a brand new RX 6600 XT.

Okay so things I have done.

- DDU yes I did this. Clean install/uninstall all previous drivers

- Download latest drivers. YES THE LATEST DRIVERS ARE THE ISSUE

- FACTORY RESET when installing

- Run regedit and changed graphics driver version. 

- Rollback driver

- Windows updates

- Used full installer

- Used web installer

So my only solution to get back my radeon software is to rollback drivers all the way to August drivers. But the issue is I can't play new games. Halo Infinite refuses to run and so does Doom Eternal until I update my graphics driver it gives literal erros and says update graphics drivers.

This is incredibly frustrating and I really don't want to do a fresh install of windows because I did that when I got the graphics card.

Any help that does not include what I have already tried or snarky comments about how google works. I have been struggling for 4 months and really need a solution. 

ALSO ISSUE IS THERE IF I OVERCLOCK OR NOT.

SPECS:

Windows 10 64-bit fully updated.

i7 4790k

MSI gaming z97 pro 5

32gb g.skill ddr3 2400mhz

WD blue m.2

XFX RX 6600 XT merc.

0 Likes
5 Replies
s3ruX
Adept I

Well you basicly do everything to make it work... the only thing left is a windows fresh installation directly to a newer driver to see if fix it.

IS really sad but this forum you wont find any technical answer.

PS: the newer driver actually install?... check if graphics adapter is actually working on device manager.

0 Likes

Try an "in place" upgrade of windows. That is...start the installer FROM windows and select "Keep my files and settings". This will essentially remove windows and reinstall windows and KEEP ALL OF YOUR FILES AND SETTINGS. You won't lose a thing.

0 Likes

Like I said a fresh install was done when I got the graphics card.

I also tried to dual boot and do a completely fresh install of windows on a empty hard drive. Problem persists. Any driver past August works but the AMD SOFTWARE does not launch.

0 Likes

Check 'windows reliability history monitor' to see if Win update is over writing driver, another is check driver details in device manager to see if they match the current AMD driver.

And do you have windows 'fast startup' disabled in power settings. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

No problem with the graphics card. The AMD software doesn't run. I can use the driver no problem. But any installation involving the latest driver causes the software to not launch.

0 Likes