cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Radeon Software may sometimes have higher than expected CPU utilization. Adrenalin 2020 21.2.1.

How come it is taking so long to investigate this? 
I reported this issue ages ago in 20.7.2 version. 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/adrenalin-2020-20-7-2-high-cpu-useage-on-ryzen-2700x-8...

Known Issues

• AMD is currently investigating end user reports that Radeon Software may sometimes have higher than expected CPU utilization, even when a system is at idle. Users who are experiencing this issue are encouraged to file a bug report in Radeon Software.
0 Likes
2 Replies

And yet i have never had this issue, in the past and now current.

Every thread on many forums do not mention their settings, and other 3rd party apps installed ?

So how about you send a bug report (oh no, it will trawl your system), so what are you hiding ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

(1). RE: And yet i have never had this issue, in the past and now current.
It is a "Known Issue" now so what is your point exactly?

(2). RE: So how about you send a bug report (oh no, it will trawl your system), so what are you hiding ?
Explain that "so what are you hiding ?"

I do not trust ANY  3rd party App scanning my PC system for data.
I do not have the time to check what it is "stealing". 
If you know anything about coding you will know that you do not want anyone stealing your code, and it is often a requirement that you do not allow such "Bug Reporting" tools  or anything similar to "scan your system".

(3). I did file a BUG Report using AMD online WEB bug reporting form if you read that previous thread. 
AMD did nothing about it.
Not my fault.

(4). AMD Bug Reporting Tool should give an option to allow user opt out of  that data trawl. 

(5). What are you doing on here trolling my posts as usual anyhow? 
Thought you quit the forum because of your terrible experience with AMD GPUs &  Drivers about a year ago. 
Please do not bother responding unless you have a valid point to make.

0 Likes