cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

overqual
Adept I

Radeon Software Host Application constant CPU usage

Why is this process that's meant to sit idle in the background CONSTANTLY using ~10% of the CPU?

Tried reinstalling the latest driver, but it eventually came back eating up the CPU without even running any game...

16 Replies
astrix_au
Elite

Re: Radeon Software Host Application constant CPU usage

Are you sure you don't have replay on and desktop recording? It shouldn't use that much for it anyway but I guess it depends on your system.

0 Kudos
overqual
Adept I

Yes, I'm SURE that I don't have any of that stuff enabled since I don't use any of that... Literally the first thing I do when I install/reinstall the driver is that I disable all this stuff...

0 Kudos
gmjohnston
Journeyman III

I'm getting the same behavior. It started right after I upgraded to 2020 yesterday. Sheesh.

miss5tability
Adept I

i juxst bought rx570 and i wnat sell this immidietely, ef 25% this process is using CPU doing nothing, ef U amd

0 Kudos
miss5tability
Adept I

somebody found a solution in 2018 but for me thois is bulls s#$%^t not a solition - instal igpu driver for Intel cpu, for what? no sense at all.... what i just did i cli ck only after clean instal and some twekas, u ndvervolt etxc i click button default setiing, reset settings and from thenm i dont have high cpu  so try that gmjohnston and tell me if this works to for U

0 Kudos
miss5tability
Adept I

i click button default setiing, reset settings and from thenm i dont have high cpu

gaspok
Journeyman III

Hello,

I've just made the Update to the 19.12.2 version on the 4/12/2019 on my Lenovo Ideapad. Since the CPU charge is between 18% and 30% linked to the program. So the cpufan is always turn on and noisy. The only way is to shutdown the service. I think it is just a shame. I'm waiting an update from AMD...

0 Kudos
1agressor
Journeyman III

just had the same problem on 20.1.2 i did factory reset and now no more cpu usage

0 Kudos
vunderful
Journeyman III

Change default radeon re-live save location. My system was trying to save to a folder that didn't exist causing this issue.

0 Kudos