cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

美優梨
Adept II

Radeon Software: GPU Utilization 100% bug

Occurs when the following settings are made in some video games.
Remains at 100% usage even after exiting the game program.

The Talos Principle: OPTIONS - GRAPHICS OPTIONS - GRAPHICS API - VULKAN
Tom Clancy's The Division: Options - Video - Enable DX12 Renderer. - Yes
Tom Clancy's The Division 2: Settings - Video - Enable DX12 Renderer - Yes

rsbug_100percent.png

This can be fixed by exiting AMDRSServ.exe, but this is a bad solution.

kill_process.png

Adrenalin 21.9.2
Radeon RX 580
Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1237]
Core i5 10400

1 Solution

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.2

AMD Soft.png

Ryzen 5 5600; ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING; Sapphire RX 6600 Pulse; G.Skill Trident Z 3200GHz CL14 /2x8 Gb; Seasonic Focus-GX-750W 80 Gold Plus; LG 27GR75Q-B QHD; Windows 11 Pro 23h2; Kingston KC2500 250Gb M2. /Kingston NV2 1TB M.2; SSD Crucial MX500; HDD WD Blue - 1T.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
175 Replies
chuil
Adept II

new adrenalin 22.8.2 optional driver and nothing

it's too bad that they haven't updated for so long, then the problems with Cyberpunk 2077 were not fixed for a couple of months, although everyone complained, now this problem has not been fixed with GPU loading for months, Please fix this problem, is it so difficult, here even workarounds and solutions in general were written above , but it has not been fixed yet.
sorry for the mistakes, I'm writing with google translator

the original

дуже погано що так довго не оновлюють, тоді проблеми з Cyberpunk 2077 пару місяців не виправляли хоть всі жалувались тепер цю проблему, з завантаженням GPU не виправляють місяцями, Будь ласка виправте цю проблему невже так важко, тут навіть обхідні рішення та рішення в загалом вище писали, а досі не поправили.
вибачте за помилки, пишу з гугл перекладачем

0 Likes
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

"Remains at 100% usage even after exiting the game program."

From TS screenshot utilisation is 100%, but clocks are in normal range as well as power consumption is low. 

Isn't it just graph error? You may look somewhere like HWInfo if there is GPU Utilisation or D3D usage 100% 

(HWINFO) After exiting the game - Red Dead Redemption 2

HWINFO.png

Ryzen 5 5600; ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING; Sapphire RX 6600 Pulse; G.Skill Trident Z 3200GHz CL14 /2x8 Gb; Seasonic Focus-GX-750W 80 Gold Plus; LG 27GR75Q-B QHD; Windows 11 Pro 23h2; Kingston KC2500 250Gb M2. /Kingston NV2 1TB M.2; SSD Crucial MX500; HDD WD Blue - 1T.
0 Likes

Strange... It does actually report 100% utilisation, but it is not 3D utilisation for sure... 

Do you have instant replay on or GPU accelerated recording? 

Temps are good, but power consumption is quite high for idle. After what actions this power consumption goes down? Only after reset? Or driver reset works as well for example (Win+Ctrl+Shift+B)?

0 Likes

''Do you have instant replay on or GPU accelerated recording? ''

everything is off

''Temps are good, but power consumption is quite high for idle. After what actions this power consumption goes down? Only after reset? Or driver reset works as well for example (Win+Ctrl+Shift+B)?''

bat file - start " " C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM AMDRSServ.exe

HWINFO 1.png

0 Likes

"everything is off"
Hmm... This is strange. AMDRSServ.exe is host file for holding recordings and replays iirc. But i may be wrong there. So you may still have something wonky going on with replay functionality. Had you tried DDU driver and reinstall it back? 

0 Likes

tried everything nothing helps

0 Likes

Then, sorry... I won't be able to help much, as i have RX 6000 series GPU so won't be able to recreate issues myself for different sorts of testing. I hope AMD will find some time to resolve this problem soon(

0 Likes

This problem was on rx 590, now I have rx 6600 and it doesn't have this problem. Thank you, all, for being who you are!

0 Likes

Hi, I am curious with this bug,

I buy MSI 6600xt like 3 months ago. Till now I play Dota 2, Plauge, Horizon Dawn, DMC5, Mafia, RDR2 (playing it now).

I set my AMD to auto download and install it. Yet, seems I do not get this issue. My computer idle is 60W, when play RDR2 up to 180W, when I quit the game then back to 60W.

The problem I get from AMD is when installing the driver, while installing progress 70% it will pop out error saying something error (but the installing still going till 100%). I just ignore and play and all seems ok.

Ryzen 5600G, MSI B550M latest BIOS, 16G ram 3600Ghz.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes

This issue only happens in Polaris cards. RX400/RX500 series.

0 Likes

I think it's a reasonable opinion.
29 W is the
GPU 1340 MHz, 1150 mV,
VRAM 1000 MHz, 800 mV
and is close to the power consumption with the GPU almost unused.

0 Likes

However, those frequencies and voltages are disproportionate to the actual GPU load, and this event is still a glitch.
We have not confirmed this, but perhaps HWInfo and others will show utilization similar to Radeon Software.

0 Likes
KermyChamp
Adept I

Its a driver bug, we cant do anything to fix this thing, only AMD can, but polaris cards are not important for them now. I'm not expecting a fix soon...

gtrabach
Adept II

AMD already confirmed that it's a driver bug. They recognized the problem since driver 22.4.1. However, this bug happens since 21.9.1/2.

No ETA on when it will be fixed.

chuil
Adept II

new Adrenalin 22.9.1 Optional driver and nothing

they didn't fix it again, I wonder how long it will take you to fix it, you understand that some people will install the minimum driver and fix this problem, but it takes away the ability to take screenshots and shoot video, it can't be fixed anymore. One single fix for extended sync and that's it, it's just inaction nothing more nothing less. I have no more words

-RKI-
Adept I

Ding, ding, ding - Anniversary!

Exactly ONE YEAR of existing and not fixing by AMD this problem. 22.9.1 is just released and... Ofc nothing changes. Sadly. I am writing this post as a reminder - AMD hello! DO SOMETHING! 

chuil
Adept II

new Adrenalin 22.9.2 Optional driver and nothing

gtrabach
Adept II

New driver Pro launched: 22.Q3. Anyone already tested out is this issue is present?

chuil
Adept II

new Adrenalin 22.10.1 Optional driver and nothing

ahmed132
Journeyman III

i have the same issue with AMD 530 .

0 Likes
Seiji39
Journeyman III

I have been following this thread for a while now. I can't believe AMD's negligence with this issue, it's not even a minor one. My next card will definitely be Nvidia.

Unless techtubers know this and address it, I doubt AMD is even trying to fix it at this point.

AMD software developers, it's time to do something about this, Please fix this problem

chuil
Adept II

new Adrenalin 22.10.2 Optional driver and nothing

chuil
Adept II

new Adrenalin 22.10.3 Optional driver and nothing

xDreyfuz
Adept I

I understand that they have it pointed out in the driver's version note, I hope they solve it quickly...

I have the same problem, playing Fortnite with Directx 12!!

0 Likes

my new beauty is coming - it's new for me, because it was used, but I'm glad I bought a gtx 1660 super, now there won't be these problems with using 100% of the graphics processor after exiting the game, there won't be any problems with drivers, and the stream will go at 60 fps or at 30 with pixels the size of a brick, I want to say goodbye, but I will have to wait another day until it arrives.

AMD, I believed you, but you trampled on my trust, your work is normal, but the video cards want better, and the driver support is also not very good, you are breaking everything

0 Likes

I haven't seen such a lazy approach to fix such an important issue for a long time. AMD simply doesn't care and at the same time does not respect the Polaris users. For people thinking about buying a GPU from this company, I advise you to think x10. It might be okay for a while but when you run into a problem, don't be surprised if you are left alone with it. I liked red a lot but I think I will like green as well, maybe even more. If someone does not respect us, why should we respect him...

DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Guys, you are not alone now). Nvidia got similar issue.

https://m.ithome.com/html/648776.htm

0 Likes

well, I no longer have such problems, I inserted the purchased gtx 1660 super, and the problems with black screens, loading with the game processor disappeared, and now I can at least stream without problems, but on AMD it was so pixelated and nothing could be done about it, although they even the encoder was updated in the obs to a new one, and it got even worse. now there are no such problems, I recommend it to everyone. the only thing I can say is that AMD's processors are normal, but video cards are not so much like their software. Well, my RX 580 will move to my parents' computer, parents don't need much

iaiaian1
Journeyman III

I have a sapphire rx560, this is still a thing as of today after playing a game or some premiere pro, November 11, 2022. My simple workaround is a sign-out/lock option on windows. This resets the usage to 0.

0 Likes

Win+Ctrl+Shift+B is simpler workaround that is already widely used by people in this topic from what i know.

0 Likes
chuil
Adept II

new Adrenalin 22.11.1 Optional driver and nothing

I'm very tired, I'm going to stop posting this

LapiGaming
Journeyman III

I also had the same issue without actually playing any game, I just executed a python script with TOO MANY unhandled exceptions to see what would happen. Even after I closed my program, this was how my Adrenalin monitor looked like.. Updated drivers btw, Radeon RX580.

0 Likes
relampago
Adept I

I also have this problem(rx580), usage, clock and voltage stuck at maximum
it must be a complex problem, I use 21.1.1 drivers and in some recent games it gives me this problem,

0 Likes

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.2

AMD Soft.png

0 Likes

it was necessary to change the video card to a competing one
firm, so that you can fix it - a year later.

chuil
Adept II

Adrenalin Edition 22.11.2

********** FIXED **********