Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

amd_gamer
Journeyman III

Radeon Software Fan Control issue.

Jump to solution

Ever since i have updated to this Radeon software i have has GPU Fan issues, Or maybe not an issue but a bug in the Driver.
When i first turn on the system i notice the GPU fans are going crazy with no load and i go into the Radeon software and for some reason it switches my fan speed to manual and its at like 40% and it's stuck running at 40% Fan speed.
My system runs all night and most of the day, i can't have my GPU Driver doing this.
especially if i decide to do some gaming and the GPU fan is stuck at 40 or 20% and the card burns because of a Fan speed bug.
I Understand that the software isn't perfect, but when i have a 500+ dollar GPU and i trust AMD with producing a Driver that runs the card properly, It should not have an issue like this.
I don't have 500+ to blow on another GPU if this one burns because of a Driver bug. I don't even know if AMD would compensate for there driver ruining a card.

Card is: Sapphire Tri X 290X

Current version of Radeon : 15.30.1025-151117a-296567
Date: 12/9/2015

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kingfish
MVP

Re: Radeon Software Fan Control issue.

Jump to solution

Roll your drivers back to the version that worked correctly. Also you can read the dozens of identical posts on the forum.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

Roll your drivers back to the version that worked correctly. Also you can read the dozens of identical posts on the forum.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
morbiousstone
Adept I

Jump to solution

what about people with damaged cards from this stupid driver ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes