cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

denuvian
Journeyman III

Radeon Software doesn't work too well

Just bought an AMD card and have not been able to get the software to work well for recordings.  I am coming from a GTX 1080 and the associated geforce software.  I now have a RX 6900 XT.  Here are my problems...

-The software barely ever seems to be able to recognize what game I am playing, usually it puts it in the "unknown" folder.  I am on version 21.8.2.  I have tried completely uninstalling the software and reinstalling.  I never had this problem on nvidia software, it would even put desktop recordings into a desktop folder.  It seems like when a game is a true fullscreen game, it works and puts recordings in a named folder.  However some games don't have that option and I have had a non-full screen game be recognized ONE time by the software and that same game never recognized again, so weird.  Finally, the auto record just doesn't work unless I first do a quick manual recording.   This is super annoying to check and make sure it is working because I have to do a short manual recording, then hit the "save instant replay" hotkey to make sure that instant replay is working.  Which gives me two useless recordings in the unknown folder that I have to sort through when I am going back through the actual highlights I made.  Again, never had anything like that on nvidia software.    

-The software cannot keep frames per second up for instant replay recordings up unless I record to RAM. I am recording to a spinning disk on my network which I understand could seem like an issue... but the nvidia software was able to do replay recordings and keep 60 fps easily with this setup. My network connection to my NAS is 1gbps and the disks in the NAS can saturate that link read or write.  This is super annoying to me because I can't use the files directly in DaVinci Resolve because of the weird vfr messing up audio/video sync(on a ten minute clip the audio ends very early).  I found I could lock the frame rate in handbrake, but why should I have to spend a long time reencoding my footage?

I think I can live with some of these problems but I would really appreciate if the software could at least see what game I'm playing.  

Otherwise I really like the software.  I'm very happy with how the software for the radeon and cpu work.  The hardware is obviously great as well.  

0 Likes
0 Replies