cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Eto_Sedewl
Adept I

radeon software considers my radeon 625 obsolete and also marks it as radeon 530 series

radeon software considers my radeon 625 obsolete, and when installing the driver marks it as radeon 530 series, when uninstalling the driver using a special utility from the amd site and trying to install the driver using windows update, it gives an error 0x8024200b, in addition to this with the latest updates after 22.5.1, some applications stop running

0 Likes
9 Replies

I was looking at AMD Download page and it shows the Radeon 625 as being supported and the Radeon 530 as being legacy or Non-supported.

From reading about the Radeon 625 you must have a laptop. When you use AMD Laptop generic drivers most of the time it won't show the exact DGPU you have installed but rather the Series or Family GPU installed.

If will be very useful to know the exact Make & Model of your Laptop or All-in-One PC and Windows version installed.

If your laptop has a AMD APU Processor then you must download the Integrated Graphics Driver for your Processor which will install both Integrated and Discrete GPU drivers.

If your laptop has a Intel APU processor then you must update FIRST all the Intel drivers in your laptop especially the Intel Graphics and CHIP Set drivers and BIOS if you have an older version installed.

It is best to use your laptop's OEM AMD Driver which is 100% compatible and will show exactly which Discrete GPU card you have installed.

I would do that first just to make sure your laptop is working normally again. If the AMD OEM Driver is very out-dated then you can use AMD generic  Laptop driver to update it to the latest version.

Use DDU with the internet disconnected and delete the AMD installation driver folder at C:\AMD BEFORE installing the AMD driver again.

NOTE: It is possible you have a Non-supported AMD APU Integrated Graphics with a supported Discrete GPU card if you laptop is using a AMD processor.

https://www.acer.com/ru-ru/support?filter=productdetails&search=NXHVREU00510523B0C7600;NX.HVREU.005;...

hello, thanks for your feedback, here is a description of my laptop model by its serial number from the official acer website

I couldn't get your exact Laptop model but the general model of Aspire A315-23G at Acer Support in the USA but I went to your Russian Acer Support.

Input your Laptop's Serial Number in the Search and it will take you to the Drivers & Manual section where you can download drivers for your laptop: https://www.acer.com/ru-ru/support

I inputted Aspire A315-23G in your Russian Acer Support and here is where you can download the latest Graphics and Chip set drivers including BIOS Version if applicable:

Here are all the drivers and BIOS from Acer Support for your laptop: https://www.acer.com/ru-ru/support?search=Aspire%20A315-23G&filter=global_download&suggest=Aspire%20...

Screenshot 2022-11-16 175030.pngScreenshot 2022-11-16 175055.pngScreenshot 2022-11-16 175131.pngScreenshot 2022-11-16 175225.png

I would update everything that is newer Drivers including firmware for other hardware in your laptop.

After installing the Acer OEM AMD Graphics driver see if your Laptop works correctly without any problems. If it does then you can decide whether you want to install the latest AMD Driver from AMD Download page.

0 Likes

hello again, I have so far tried to explore this site and I'm wondering what some driver descriptions mean, for example (rx640), (rx625) these are the names of video cards? also what is the last driver in the windows section responsible for? I will try to install the driver data and see what happens in the end

0 Likes

Yes the RX625 is your Radeon 625 GPU card. That should be the OEM AMD  Driver to install for your laptop.

There are many drivers for your laptop. I would go through all of them to see which one you need to update with.

Go to the APPs section of the download page and update the Acer Care Center. This app helps you to update certain drivers and helps to keep your laptop running smoothly.

Hello again, sorry for asking after such a long time, but do you think I should somehow hope that amd will fix such a problem with incorrect detection of the video card, or otherwise I will have to almost forever use the OEM driver (or try to stay on the version from the site)?

0 Likes

It would seem, why else did I write this, update 22.11.2 has arrived, which passes all possible checks, but the problem remains. It seems to me that the point is rather that when updating radeon software above version 22.5.1, driver version 22.6.2 is applied to a discrete video card, which breaks the entire system, I then dealt with OEM drivers for a very long time, I had to use restore points due to errors with the drivers, and all this led to the fact that games like genshin impact began to work worse, and now the problem has returned that I cannot start the launcher. I want to cry(((

0 Likes

Theres no problem at all. Amd drivers have packs for various similar hw. Doesnt mind. install it with any fear. it will work.

SS, PhD

can you please give more details? I tried to install the version for the video card manually (where you can select the video card model), but even there, before installation, the video card model is checked for compatibility with the drivers and it again prohibits installing the driver, or did you mean the OEM driver on the manufacturer's website?

0 Likes