cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

n1njaog
Adept I

Radeon software bugged Fan Controls

After the latest Radeon update my GPU fans are not being controlled at all, they are stuck on one rpm from turning on the pc, if i try to change manually it then automatically puts it to 0 rpm and then i have to restart my pc to get the fans running again, currently running an rx580 and i know its not the gpu that is doing it it is the software

13 Replies

the fans on my MSI X470 Gaming Plus are controlled in the BIOS

0 Likes

yeah and mine are controlled through msi afterburner, which used to work perfectly until the latest radeon update

0 Likes

MSI Afterburner should be fine for handling a custom fan on a video card

0 Likes

it should be but after the 2020 update it isnt allowing any changes through afterburner

n1njaog wrote:

it should be but after the 2020 update it isnt allowing any changes through afterburner

make sure afterburner is set to load with windows

0 Likes

it is set to start with windows, and even then i have to restart my pc after i boot as it boots with 0rpm and then after a restart it stays at 42% and will not increase even if the gpu temp is high

n1njaog wrote:

it is set to start with windows, and even then i have to restart my pc after i boot as it boots with 0rpm and then after a restart it stays at 42% and will not increase even if the gpu temp is high

Can  you set a more aggressive fan in the custom fan tab of MSI Afterburner?

0 Likes

no if  try to set a fan speed it just autos to 0

n1njaog wrote:

no if  try to set a fan speed it just autos to 0

Do not use the slider, go into the settings and select the fan there

0 Likes

Everyone with this issue please let AMD support know. They don't see your issue here..  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

thank you for the link, i have put in a ticket with them directly

You are very welcome. Good Luck!

0 Likes

Have you tried to install the previous AMD Driver that did work properly for your GPU fans?

At least you will have a properly cooled GPU card instead of a GPU card that might get damaged due to Overheating.

Or do you need the latest AMD Driver due to a game or software recommendation?

You can download the previous driver from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/rade... 

Note: If the previous AMD Driver is working correctly as far as you GPU fans are concerned, then I would stay with that driver and wait for AMD to fix the bug in a newer driver in the future. If you don't really have a need to upgrade due to a game or software then there is no reason to update your driver.