Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

igorq
Adept I

Radeon Software and Windows 10 Incompatibility - Micro freezing

Issue:

I've been having trouble getting the official AMD drivers to work on my laptop (all specs below).
The minute the Display Driver has finished installing my laptop starts freezing every ~3 seconds.

The freezes don't last long, only about half a second.

I believe this started happening after the Fall Creators Update (Version 1709), prior to this update everything was fine.

I've tried numerous driver versions, performing a clean installation of Windows, everything that comes to mind.

Rolling back the drivers stops the freezing.

Drivers provided by Windows Update work properly but they are very outdated (2015).

Same goes with the drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer.

I haven't found any forum posts regarding this issue, any kind of help or information would be helpful.

Specs:

Laptop: HP 15-af158nm

CPU & GPU: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (Linked adapter - R5 M330)

BIOS: Insyde F.24

Last working driver: AMD Catalyst Control Center 2015.0806.2138.37096

20 Replies
incursi0o
Adept I

I don't have the exact same problem like you but i experience less performance and more hangs in games than the old ones or manufacturer ones ( 17.1.1 ) and you lose close to nothing of support for games i think ( based on your laptop specs ) because i'm running with almost the same specs as you.

0 Likes

Your manufacturer does not appear to have Windows 10 drivers, so if you are going to update then the AMD drivers are your best bet. You install one driver and that is for the APU.

This is the link to the current Windows 10 64 bit driver for that APU  APU

Please follow this link and make sure to follow the  AMD APU with AMD graphics information. It is very important to do it just as it reads.

Laptop graphics update...How to

You also need to make sure that every WIndows update is installed. Even the optional ones.

Good Luck!

Your manufacturer does not appear to have Windows 10 drivers

I'm not sure what do you mean, because HP does provide the drivers, it's just that they're outdated
Capture.PNG

However I did what you said, I've:

- Uninstalled drivers using DDU

- Disabled automatic updating of drivers in Windows Update

- Installed the APU drivers from the link that you provided
The issue still occurs, everything is freezing every couple of seconds.

I find it very weird because I'm certain HP provided up-to-date AMD drivers up until the Fall Creators update for Windows 10 and now both Windows and HP provide the same old drivers.

I could probably post this same issue on Windows and HP support forums but it's hard to pinpoint what's causing the issue.
Is it possible that my device stopped being compatible after the mentioned update to Windows, so HP decided to stick with the old CCC?

0 Likes

I saw no WINDOWS 10 drivers on their site. I did see WINDOWS 7 drivers and yes those drivers are out of date compared to the AMD vanilla drivers.

You are not the only one I have heard on hear having issues with this. All have said pretty much the same thing. I know many have not found solution other than removing updates, reverting to previous versions of Windows or installing previous (older) drivers if that works for you. I get that it is not optimal. I would open a support ticket with Microsoft about this as well as AMD: Email Form

As georges advice already says there may be hope in the upcoming Windows update. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Good Luck!

georges
Challenger

Go back to Windows 10 Creators Update 1703 and install the latest APU driver 18.2.1 , then wait for the new version 1803 . It's going to be released April the 10th. I think that a WHQL driver by AMD will be released this month with 1803(Spring Creators Update) support

Yeah I guess that does make sense, although if moderators don't mind I'd like to keep this discussion open so I can update it once the Spring Creators Update and AMD driver are released or in case anyone else wants to chime in.

Fall Creators Update is unstable for me too . I hope the new one will be better

For me the best version so far is : 1703

0 Likes

Any reason to believe that the upcoming Spring update will resolve the open issues caused by 1709 without introducing a host of new problems?????

Or to clarify:-

A) Will it fix the open issues with 1709??

and

B) Will it intoduce a host of new issues??

0 Likes

I had BSDO problems with Anniversary Update and after the release of Creators update I hadn't . So a new version maybe its going to fix some issues

0 Likes
zpetro57
Adept I

MY DEAR FRIEND!

TRY WINDOWS 10 PRO N OR INDUSTRY ENTERPRISE L...

BACK IN TIME ON WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE SERVER UPGRADE OF MICROSOFT IF LEGAL LOG IN ON MICROSOFT CORPORATION!

0 Likes

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but yes I do own a legal copy of Windows

0 Likes

he just posts crap

usually microfreezing happens if you OC and didnt use correct timings for RAM or too low voltage on the chips

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes
vikk7
Journeyman III

Facing the same issue,

Device Make:Lenovo ideapad 50015ISK
BIOS: CFCN24WWV1.06

GPU1- Intel HD graphics 520  driver ver. 21.20.16.4627

GPU2- Amd radeon R7 M360  driver ver.15.201.1001.1002. 4GB

CPU- intel core i5-6200u

these are the specifications, all drivers mentioned here only works with windows version 1511 .

if i update the windows 10 to version 1709, windows crashes with blue screen and restarts, no drivers available on the internet works for amd device.

On manufacturers site, Lenovo shows that my laptop is tested with with windows 10, 1709 and 1803 and still i get errors with windows update. i think it is not the fault of amd,it is fault of manufacturer and windows.

0 Likes

Did you update the Intel driver before trying to install the AMD driver? Downloads for Graphics Drivers

Laptop graphics update...How to

You might try a clean install of version 1803.

https://www.howto-connect.com/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-1803-latest-april-2018-update/

0 Likes

As you have mentioned i had done updating of intel drivers before installing amd drivers.

by step by step procedure using ddu.

i have not installed windows 10 1803 properly yet. last time i did install 1803 but that was preview and that was having bugs.

today i will install 1803 and will notify you.

0 Likes

i have updated windows to version 1803.

after the updating process completed ,on welcome screen the windows crashed due to amd  drivers.

windows automatically rebooted,after booting process i opened device manager>display adapters>amd radeon r7 m360 there is yellow exclamation mark on it, i checked the properties of drivers it says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

0 Likes

There were some changes with the 1803 version...especially using DDU. Have you taken the steps to prevent/delay Microsoft from checking/installing drivers automatically? That is included here Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Please read this > DDU v17.0.8.7

0 Likes

there is no problem with process i have followed it correctly

the bugcheck in event viewer was

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000010e (0x0000000000000017, 0xffffa3069970b000, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffffffc00002b6). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 9dfeffc2-4d31-4629-a4a3-13a9e3bad7fa.

the error code is,

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}

and APPID

{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

disable win10 auto-driver install
DDU in SAFE MODE (it HAS to reboot for that) - clean driver - reboot again - install latest driver  - reboot

if not working - try latest driver provided by HP

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes
vikk7
Journeyman III

I have installed windows 10 1803.Micro freezing has stopped with amd drivers 18.5.1.I don't know  for how much time it will work without a problem.

But the problem i am facing now is that 3d cad softwares do not work with this driver such  as solidworks and autocad.

When i open these apps laptop switches over amd graphics card for good performance for 3d applications but these apps just go white screen and freezes.

0 Likes