cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Syn_ga
Journeyman III

Radeon Software and Games crash with strange pattern on screen

Hi everyone. I'll starting apologizing for any incorrect terminology, i know almost nothing about hardware.

I just bought a new computer with a Radeon RX570 and something strange is happeing on screen when i try to open a game or even the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 (you can see it on a video and image bellow).

This is my full setup:

• AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz (4.2ghz Turbo) 6-Cores 12-Threads C/Cooler AM4 S/ Video
  • Radeon RX 570 Red Dragon Dual, 4GB GDDR5, 256Bit
  • MB Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H, AMD AM4
  • DDR4 Geil Super Luce RGB, 8GB 3000MHZ (x2)
  • Redragon RGPS 600W, 80 Plus Bronze, PFC Ativo, GC-PS002

I tried installing new drivers, old drivers, using the minimal setup installer, used AMD Cleanup Utility lots of times, reinstalled Visual c++. When installing the driver only, without Radeon Software, the game on the video was able to be played, but when i tried Warframe (for example), the game crashed on start.

The only thing i haven't tried is checking if the GPU is correctly installed, and i don't want to mess with it now because if it's the problem i'll first contact the store that sold it to me (but if you say it could be the problem i can check it).

So, is there something i can try to solve this? Now i'm with 20.9.1 sep29 drive (that i installed without the software), maybe i can try an older version? Or the newer?

pattern after starting Radeon Softwarepattern after starting Radeon Software

0 Likes
2 Solutions
alseu
Challenger

Hello

RX 570 you bought looks to be defective. There are possibilities that it's the incorrect installation/defective motherboard/cable connected to a monitor/incorrect bios flashed to a video card/power supply but most likely  your GPU is the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

At default settings fans on this powercolor gpu should stay passive until it reaches 60C temperature on the die. 
When you open a game fans usually won't immediately start to rotate. It depends on how demanding the game menu is from graphics perspective. 

Technically there are parameters set in the vbios of your video card that should prevent it from damaging itself (ex.: overheating components above it's specified temperature targets).

RX 570 4GB - Polaris architecture. 

Temperature target on polaris cards is a gpu core temperature that your gpu will try to maintain by automatically adjusting fan speed up to the limits that are set in Wattman (auto or manually adjusted fan curve). Exceeding this temperature is considered normal and shouldn't produce any performance issues.

Powercolor rx570 4GB dual vbios stock target temperature value is 80C

Max temperature on polaris cards is a gpu core temperature limit that your gpu will try to maintain (if reached) by automatically decreasing the core clock speed and voltage in order to decrease power draw. Operating at this temperature is within spec but will have lower performance compared to operating at target temperature.
Powercolor rx570 4GB dual vbios stock max temperature value is 90C

Exceeding max temperature for a certain amount of time should result in computer shutdown or reboot/blackscreen crash.

Even operating at 90C with a reasonable core clock frequency reduction shouldn't produce image artifacts. If it does at default settings and when software issues are excluded - i recommend you to return the gpu (if you are still within return window) or RMA.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
alseu
Challenger

Hello

RX 570 you bought looks to be defective. There are possibilities that it's the incorrect installation/defective motherboard/cable connected to a monitor/incorrect bios flashed to a video card/power supply but most likely  your GPU is the problem.

0 Likes

@alseu wrote:

Hello

Hey alseu thanks for the response. I too think it's defective.

I just tried to use it again and two things happened:
- When removing an external HD the same problem happens
- Tried to load a game (the same from the video that was working before) and it crashed, the fans don't seem to work.

The fans are suposed to be on all the time? Or at least when i try to open a game? Could the problem be that it's overheating and the GPU crashes?

Checked the installation (without opening it) and apparently it's ok.

So it's better to contact the store and say it's defective right?

0 Likes

At default settings fans on this powercolor gpu should stay passive until it reaches 60C temperature on the die. 
When you open a game fans usually won't immediately start to rotate. It depends on how demanding the game menu is from graphics perspective. 

Technically there are parameters set in the vbios of your video card that should prevent it from damaging itself (ex.: overheating components above it's specified temperature targets).

RX 570 4GB - Polaris architecture. 

Temperature target on polaris cards is a gpu core temperature that your gpu will try to maintain by automatically adjusting fan speed up to the limits that are set in Wattman (auto or manually adjusted fan curve). Exceeding this temperature is considered normal and shouldn't produce any performance issues.

Powercolor rx570 4GB dual vbios stock target temperature value is 80C

Max temperature on polaris cards is a gpu core temperature limit that your gpu will try to maintain (if reached) by automatically decreasing the core clock speed and voltage in order to decrease power draw. Operating at this temperature is within spec but will have lower performance compared to operating at target temperature.
Powercolor rx570 4GB dual vbios stock max temperature value is 90C

Exceeding max temperature for a certain amount of time should result in computer shutdown or reboot/blackscreen crash.

Even operating at 90C with a reasonable core clock frequency reduction shouldn't produce image artifacts. If it does at default settings and when software issues are excluded - i recommend you to return the gpu (if you are still within return window) or RMA.

Good luck!

0 Likes