Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bgates275
Journeyman III

Radeon Software and Drivers don't match

Every few days after installing a driver, I receive the message: 

'Radeon Software and Drivers don't match'

At that point, I can no longer open Adrenalin, and some games lose functionality. Reinstalling drivers works for a few days, but then I am forced to reinstall, whereby the process repeats itself. 

I read through a forum message, 

As seen here: 

https://imgur.com/a/reZwI37

However, for me, following these instructions did not work. 

Now I noticed when I try to update, I'm actually given two different options: Both Radeon Vega Graphics and Radeon Vega Mobile graphics. As seen here: 

https://imgur.com/18Lwwng

When discussing this problem with someone else, they mentioned that the problem might be duplicate display drivers.

Could this be what's at issue here, and how is the problem to be resolved? 

Thank-you.

0 Likes
4 Replies
urielejh
Elite

i think windows is autoinstalling drivers which are NEWER than the one provided by AMD, so the control center ain't able to "see" them.

try with unchecking "download components drivers".. and/or stopping update for a few days.. i had this issue for 2 times and had to stop windows update until the next AMD drivers were released.

i know, it's embarassing.

Alright, well the Display Driver by AMD that always seems to get installed is from like 2018. I don't know about these newer auto installed windows drivers. 

Where is the "download components drivers" option? That may be an option, but I don't think stopping windows updates generally is such a good idea. 

I was thinking the solution may be in modifying windows services, but I wasn't too sure about that either. 

0 Likes

I had this same issue a month or two ago, and it was definitely very annoying! For me, it had to do with being a Windows Insider, which I believe in some way nullified the setting referred to above. Although you can get up-to-date AMD updates from the Microsoft Store, it seemed to keep pulling old ones. After leaving the Insider program, on a fresh copy of Windows 10, I still had the issue, but after changing this setting it stopped happening.

Anyway, to find the setting that controls Windows installing device drivers (On Windows 10):

- Press the Windows key and type in "View Advanced System Settings"

- Open the "Hardware" tab and click on "Device Installation Settings"

- Click the "No" radio button, which should stop Windows from automatically downloading applications for your hardware devices

Good Luck!

yeah, forgot to mention where to go to untick it.

you have to look at the driver version in the device manager.. mines were always newer : | and i think MS knew it cause in the feedback platform they said something about it. hoped/thought they fixed it.

0 Likes