cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

oneki
Journeyman III

Radeon Software and Driver Versions do not Match.

I updated my amd graphics driver through the amd settings on my computer. Well I come back a day later and I can't open up the menu because I get this setting over and over again. I looked into it and found I had to go to device manager and go to display adapters and select a driver I want to install from a list. I can fix it by installed Radeon RX 580 Series Version: 27.20.1017.1011 (5/25/2020) but then I try to install latest drivers it goes back to not letting me open it. Everything was fine till I updated through the amd settings. I don't know what to do on this.

11 Replies

You may have a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Follow this basic method of removing and installing the AMD Driver and see if it makes any difference:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

fredy42
Adept I

I have the same problem on a RX 540. I bought a NUC that had the RX 540 installed. It did not have the Radeon drivers installed. I started with the 20.7.2 drivers. After installation it ran the Radeon software and allowed me to view the stats. After a reboot it gave me the same stupid message.

Then I updated to 20.8.1 and the same thing happened. Both of those were downloaded from the AMD page. To proclaim it  "You may have a corrupted AMD Driver installation."  is ludicrous. At installation it ran just fine. After a reboot it didn't.

Plain and simple AMD has their head where the sun doesn't shine.

Wake up AMD, deliver fully functional software the first time. Stop inconveniencing your customers. There are other companies to choose from.

Thank you so, so, so much.

That solved my problem.

Too bad AMD can not view this YouTube video to know how to fix the problem they have created.

Agogia
Journeyman III

I was able to solve this issue by downloading : Auto-Detect & Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows®

Good luck

0 Likes

I have same problem I have Radeon Vega 3 Graphics installed, I go into device manager, and I am informed correct driver installed.
However I keep getting message Radeon Software & Driver Versions do not match.
What can I do to fix.

who_am_l
Journeyman III

I found a solution for the AMD Radeon Software & Drivers Bug "Radeon Software and Drivers versions do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version(s)." and  "Radeon Settings and Driver versions do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version(s)." To solve the bug, please follow the steps:

1. Open the Device Manager
  2. Search your graphic card (Display Adapters > Your Graphic Card)
  3. Right click it and open the Properties
  4. Go to Driver and click Update Driver
  5. Browse now your computer for drivers
  6. Pick the list of avaible drivers on your computer
  7. Select the latest installed AMD Radeon Driver and click on next

Now, the AMD will be install and after that, restart your pc and the AMD Driver will work.

0 Likes
who_am_l
Journeyman III

I found a solution for the AMD Radeon Software & Drivers Bug "Radeon Software and Drivers versions do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version(s)." and  "Radeon Settings and Driver versions do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version(s)." To solve the bug, please follow the steps:

1. Open the Device Manager
  2. Search your graphic card (Display Adapters > Your Graphic Card)
  3. Right click it and open the Properties
  4. Go to Driver and click Update Driver
  5. Browse now your computer for drivers
  6. Pick the list of avaible drivers on your computer
  7. Select the latest installed AMD Radeon Driver and click on next

Now, the AMD will be install and after that, restart your pc and the AMD Driver will work.

0 Likes
Solun
Adept I

It has been one year since you posted this issue and yet here I am facing the same thing.

I didn't manually update anything, I the software including drivers manually through the auto-update feature downloaded from their website. Since then I didn't touch it and yet it managed to f*ck itself up.

What is the issue AMD?

Jibs
Journeyman III

Same, this is happening after the whole driver timeout issue was fixed by updating windows a few days ago.

0 Likes
Jibs
Journeyman III

Ok so so going on AMD's driver page and having the installer auto do it's thing worked for me. It did a factory reset as well by default.