cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

doubledace
Journeyman III

Radeon Software and Driver Versions do not match.Please try again after updating to the latest versions.

• Radeon Rx Vega 56
  • Acer Predator Helios 500 Ph517-61-R0GX Gaming Laptop
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Radeon Software Adrenalin 20.9.2
  • 16 GB RAM
  • AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Desktop Processor 

Ever since I downloaded the Adrenalin drivers, I keep on getting this issue:

pastedImage_4.png

The best thing I can do is uninstall it and install it again, but I've been doing this for some time now and it's getting really annoying. I know of the supposed "fix" where you go to regedit and erase the "DriverVersion" string, and restart the computer. This allows me to open the radeon settings by using the right click on my mouse, it also allows me to play games however it does not fix the videos. I've tried watching video on different websites and they are still choppy, the audio is fine but they look like they run on 1 FPS. 

After reinstalling everything is fine for some time but it eventually gives me the issue shown above. Something that I've noticed is that everytime the drivers stop working I get this notification:

pastedImage_5.png

And it's been everytime the drivers stop working, I am not a tech person so I don't really know what it means. When I click it the "radeon software and driver versions do not match" box pops up. 

If anyone knows what to do I would really appreciate the help.

Thank you.

5 Replies
ruspartisan
Adept I

For me the problem was because Windows 10 decided to revert manually installed driver to something older, I had to disable auto-driver install in Windows and than install latest driver manually.

me262schwalbe1
Adept III

My model GL702ZC-WB74 has the broken freesync issue.

Ever since 19.12.2 and onwards it has been greyed out.

Sent unit back to asus for repairs.

I payed for this unit and features,at least they can update my supplied drivers to asus with new ones.

I have gotten no new updated drivers since 2018.

They promised 2020 support!!!!

0 Likes

This is a caveat with so many laptops. The continued support on some models is atrocious. All you can ever know for sure will work is the driver it shipped with. Also if you don't have a true need for the new driver your could run DDU and regress to the 19.12.2 again that worked.

Have you tried talking to AMD support about the issue. Maybe they can pass it along to the driver team and it gets fixed in an update. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes

I have wrote asus and AMD.Last i heard asus added it as feedback and noted it...but wont know if anything will be done.

Also, I have not heard from AMD tech support since I wrote them about the suggestion to deliver on 2020 support for my model...

it has been weeks since I heard form them..

Sorry to hear that. I have had some spotty luck with getting replies my luck. Customer service is not what it used to be anywhere most the time. 

I try to let people know about this as I have heard it from so many disappointed laptop users over and over for years. It is a shame that AMD laptops don't implement Thunderbolt 3 as you would be better to just get a cheap laptop and get a more powerful external GPU if you really need a gamer you can take on the road with you. Although that still wont help you in your lap in a car or on a plane LOL. 

0 Likes