cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mrnardman
Journeyman III

Radeon Software and Driver versions do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version(s).

Getting this error pop-up every other days

"Radeon Software and Driver versions do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version(s)."

•  radeon rx 560x series
  • ASUS
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Radeon Driver 20.8.3
  • 8 GB RAM
  • AMD Ryzen 5 CPU
  • 1920 X 1080 60HZ 6-BIT

Have re downloaded and installed driver for 4th time now and it still happens, since 2 weeks weeks maybe?

Let me know what you think, i have sent ticket to AMD also. Let me know if you need more info

Thanks

13 Replies

0 Likes

Your link doesn't work, it says I have insufficient priviliges to view it.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

If Radeon Software is not installed with the running Radeon driver, you may get a similar error message.

0 Likes
wolfpacifier
Adept I

Workaround.

Open regedit and this path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\CN

Edit "DriverVersion" string, just make it blank, erase the value. Press OK. Reboot PC.

Error should go away but as negative effect: Alt + R and Alt + Z overlay hotkeys might not work but you can open Radeon Software via right mouse click context menu.

P.S. If you install stable Radeon Software which comes with previous drivers and update driver to the latest version (without latest Radeon Software if something broken there) via Windows Device Manager (.inf file), you will get the same error and it's can be fixed the same "regedit way" too.

0 Likes
mrnardman
Journeyman III

Updated

0 Likes

0 Likes
who_am_l
Journeyman III

I found a solution for the AMD Radeon Software & Drivers Bug "Radeon Software and Drivers versions do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version(s)." and  "Radeon Settings and Driver versions do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version(s)." To solve the bug, please follow the steps:

1. Open the Device Manager
  2. Search your graphic card (Display Adapters > Your Graphic Card)
  3. Right click it and open the Properties
  4. Go to Driver and click Update Driver
  5. Browse now your computer for drivers
  6. Pick the list of avaible drivers on your computer
  7. Select the latest installed AMD Radeon Driver and click on next

Now, the AMD will be install and after that, restart your pc and the AMD Driver will work.

0 Likes

Done this 4 times, doesn't work, still the same message every power up.

0 Likes
Solun
Adept I

You're not alone, this has been happening for a long time and yet AMD did nothing to correct this. I am facing this issue right now.

0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

Folks you have to use the group policy editor and disable driver updates via WU or this will never stop and its been discussed a bazillion times already. 

I've never had to do this before W11 with any other gpu but now its the only path to stop the madness.  If you do not do this you will install adrenaline and once it reboots WU will replace the driver and you will get the error.  Wash, rinse and repeat until you use the GPE and stop it from undermining your driver.

Any idea why that happens? I mean isn't the driver version number higher already, so why does Windows 'update' it?

0 Likes
jambill123
Adept I

Hi. I had the same issue with my computer. I would get the same message and so I would reinstall the Radeon drivers. It would work fine for a day or two but then would give me that same message again. I had all but given up until windows gave me a major windows update 22H2. It fixed it. I have windows 11 home if that helps. Try and see if you can get the major update to your version of windows and hopefully it will work. Let me know what happens..I'm curious.   

0 Likes