cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sanctur
Adept II

Radeon Software Adrenaline 18.5.1 does not upgrade to version 18.8.2

I'm having trouble upgrading the driver of my R7 260x video card to the 18.8.2 driver, when I start direct updating the AMD software, it just does not update, and when I download the direct driver from the site using the settings:

R7 260x - Windows 10-64 Bits: Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 Optional

Setup stops at the following message: "Can not find drivers for your system"

Anyone please know how to solve this?

0 Likes
26 Replies
georges
Challenger

Did you try to make clean install with DDU ?

0 Likes

Not yet, I'll try and answer if it worked the o/

I did a clean uninstallation with the DDU, but still the message " can not find drivers for your system "

Since driver 18.8.1 I'm having problems ... and when I try to install dirver 18.8.2 it happens.

0 Likes

Most of the time this is caused by trying to install the wrong driver. Without more information, waste of time. Laptop? APU?

0 Likes

before I had an APU A10 and I never had problems updating drivers with my R7 260x, now that I switched to a Ryzen 3 2200G and I still continue with my XFX R7 260x

0 Likes

XFX R7 260x 2GB VRAM Double Dissipation

Windows 10 64bit

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 18.5.1

TV Samsung 40' 1920x1080p 144Hz

ASRock A320M-HD - BIOS 4.80

Ryzen 3 2200G

EVGA Silver 500w

Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 2400Mhz DDR4

0 Likes

"Most of the time this is caused by trying to install the wrong driver." 

0 Likes

but do I need to install the APU and Video Card driver? because I'm using my XFX R7 260x to run the games

0 Likes

You install the one driver for the APU.

0 Likes

Will not conflict between the APU drivers and the offboard video card will not?

0 Likes

The 18.8.2 is not compatible with your APU...

0 Likes

but I'm trying to install the driver for my offboard video card

0 Likes

You could have installed the drivers i recommended and been done with it. What have you got to lose?

Try them  and follow the guide > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

DDU has new instructions..make sure you have the latest version

0 Likes

I used the DDU and the Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers from the AMD folder and it did not solve: \ This is bad because I am trying to test the beta of Battlefield V and when I try to open it, it talks about updating the AMD driver for the latest version, only that I can not update at all, always showing this message "Can not find drivers for your system" and I can not proceed with the installation.

0 Likes

Yes, I am trying to update the drivers of my offboard XFX R7 260x video card and not from my Ryzen APU

0 Likes

The 18.8.1 is the driver you need...I can't be more clear. Anyhow, good luck.

0 Likes

If you install/update apu's driver your offboard card driver will be installed too

You cannot install 2 different drivers

In other words apu's driver includes offboard driver so every time you want to update you have to search Ryzen 3 2200 G drivers

Hola. Tengo el mismo problema. No puedo actualizar los controladores correctamente.

Mi laptop is: Asus X555DG

Procesador: AMD A10-8700 Radeon R6, 10               Windows 10, 64bits

compute Cores 4C+6G 1.8GHz               Radeon R6 M340DX 2GB               A10 6th generation

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
sanctur
Adept II

Now it says that the driver 18.8.2 is installed, but when I open radeon settings, it appears as 18.5.1 and it says it has update 18.8.2

follow the prints in order

amd 18.8.2.jpg

AMD Error.jpg

0 Likes

So use DDU ​ and then install AMD Ryzen™ 3 2200G Drivers ONLY 18.8.1

This driver includes your offboard card's driver

0 Likes

What you can try...go into the bios..look for graphics/display etc. Select the 260 as the primary graphics. Save and reboot your computer. This should disable the internal graphics and cause the computer to use only the 260. Then clean install this driver > AMD Radeon™ R7 260X Drivers & Support | AMD

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please try updating to our latest driver, 18.9.1 which should resolve your issue.

0 Likes