cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

brucer
Forerunner

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 still broke

Trying to load the new drivers, still getting: RADEON SETTINGS AND DRIVER VERSION DO NOT MATCH. PLEASE TRY AGAIN AFTER UPDATING TO THE LATEST VERSION!!! Really. why cant amd resolve this continuous problem.. Do they even test these drivers before they release them..

What is going on at AMD? Did they fire their decent software engineers?

Do not tell me to go through error reporting, that is AMD"S JOB, NOT MINE!  My job is to purchase a functioning gpu with functioning drivers, not to trouble shoot for AMD!!!!!

Amd can ask these ridiculous prices for gpu's they can hire a software engineer to read these forums to see all the people having the same issues.. This is not a new issue and many others have this same issue.. Its amd's responsibility to resolve these issues in a timely manner, so people can get what they pay for!!!!

70 Replies
pokester
MVP

Re: Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 still broke

I feel your frustration. It sucks that stuff doesn't work driver after driver.

I won't suggest a opening a support ticket as you obviously have chosen to voice you concerns to people that can't help. We do however have a sympathetic ear as many of us still have issues too.

I asked many of the same questions recently in a hand written letter I wrote to corporate with no answer yet. I hand wrote the letter after sending several emails to corporate email addresses received no response. In fact the only one that responds in any manner ever is Matt and I don't know what he can really do about any of this. My guess being that he and Ray are as likely sick of the situation as any of us. He did not say anything like that. I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth. Just that these guys are smart, and absolutely try to be helpful when they can, the situation comes across to me almost like they are not allowed to help (again my own assumption), so I don't know how they could not share at least some frustration with the situation.

On the pricing, unless I am mistaken. AMD has not benefited from the substantial rise in prices other than selling more volume. That price increase is all at the retail level, so no the MSRP is still the same as AMD initially set but the market, not AMD has dictated the higher price for all of us.

locodicegr
Miniboss

Drivers are working fine, and they are tested.

The fault is your system and not the driver.

Use DDU to clean up any leftovers of old drivers and download again and try.

What system you have, you are just typing some nonsense.

dreamager
Adept III

Installed fine for me....

brucer
Forerunner

really dude, drivers evidently arent working fine because I'm not the only one having this issue.....

I've ran ddu in safe mode twenty times.. downloaded the latest dotnet.. Reinstalled the last two driver packages, deleted all amd files/folder prior to running ddu in safe mode, and it DOES NOT FUNCTION!

brucer
Forerunner

amd has dictated the price, by not manufacturing or not having the capacity to manufacture enough gpu's for the market..

pokester
MVP

Well they all only basically rent manufacturing space so if you want to blame AMD for that, okay, that's your opinion and your right to do so, just don't single out AMD as it applies to all manufacturing, of well, basically anything. Specifically, it is the same for NVidia too. Not sure what crystal ball they could have used to foresee the mining boom as it is 3 years ago when they were booking fabrication allocation. I am quite sure AMD and NVidia wish they could have produced more. None of this changes the FACT not opinion that the price they both charge for the chip hasn't changed from it's original MSRP so whether or not you feel that they could have some how made more chips, then the memory guys had to make more memory and the pcb guys more boards etc. down the line. The demand issue sucks for all, but unfortunately I find it hard to blame a manufacturer for this, just my opinion. Now if this problem still exists years from now, then yah, they should have by then been able to adjust, but they plan the fab allocation a couple years in advance.

pokester
MVP

I certainly don't doubt that some can have issues but the new drivers are working fine for me and in fact fixed several issues. I did however have it fail installing the Radeon Settings with an express install and simply used the clean install on the second attempt and all went well. I installed under 1709 then updated to Win 10 1803. I certainly understand your frustration, have no idea why it doesn't work for you.

0 Likes
olderlml
Adept I

AMD drivers is going worst every new update, i know 18.4.1 is not a final release , but this only explain something.. Adrenaline versions is not working, is a deliverate downgrade, they are thinking more about the mining coins than the gaming performance... is very disappointing, i bought rx 580 last november and IT WILL BE THE LAST AMD GPU... i will buy a nvidia gpu next time, no more mistakes with AMD

colesdav
MVP

Hi,

I will take a look and see if I hit problems with 18.4.1. next week.

I have not updated yet, I am currently running QA testing on a "second hand" R9 Fury X using 18.3.4.
I should be finished that next week.

I think AMD need to talk with Microsoft and start a project to fix installer issues ASAP including helping people out with mix of 'legacy' and GCN GPU on their system.
I think this installer situation needs fixed fast and should be prioritized instead of what I see as marketing features like AMD Link.
This installer situation gives a bad experience to many AMD GPU users, and I think they frequently blame the GPU hardware or bad drivers instead of the installer.

Bye.