• Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64 bit Version: 1709 Build: 16299.334
  • Driver version installed
    • AMD Radeon Software Crimson Relive 18.3.4
  • Display Devices
    • Samsung TV 40” UN40EH6030FXZX 1920X1080 @60Hz connected via HDMI
  • Motherboard: + Bios Revision
    • Asus M5A78L-MLX3  Bios: 16Mb Flash ROM,AMI BIOS,PnP,DMI V2.0,WfM2.0,ACPI V2.0a,SM BIOS 2.7
  • CPU/APU
    • FX 6350
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Evga Supernova 750 G2 80+ Gold 750w
  • RAM
    • 12GB

Describe your issue:

i dont have issues with games, but this driver always reset my pc, the driver is unstable, i have my pc on and the driver reset my pc when i have 5 or 6 hours of gameplay, another driver never reset my pc , please will do a new driver WHQL 

0 Likes
1 Solution

FAR CRY 5 is a piece of art! AMD+Ubisoft = thanks a lot for this game!, i back to 18.3.2 and the game runs fine!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

By 'reset', do you mean it restarts?

In Wattman, do you have your Power Limit set to +50? AMD graphics performance

0 Likes

yes, restarts, but is a issue of the driver, with another driver nothing happen, i need this driver for play Far Cry 5. UBISOFT+AMD the best alliance ever made!, for me ubisoft =it's no more bugisoft

0 Likes

By any chance do you have the latest BIOS from Asus for your Motherboard - BIOS - version 1401 - 4/21/2017 - Improves System stability. I don't remember from your previous post here in AMD Forum.

Also post exactly what errors shows up when the computer restarts.

0 Likes
equitatus
Adept I

I have a similar issue, you can see in this thread Sapphire Rx580 Pulse 8gb resets computer unless it is undercloked

Downgrading to an older driver does not work, BIOS is updated to the latest.

0 Likes

yes, it is a issue of the driver, unstable, i want amd will do a new driver WHQL

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

go back to the last whql driver which was most stable on your system I only go with stable whql drivers

0 Likes

impossible, whit another driver i have low fps in Far Cry 5, with 18.3.4 i have nice fps, but in this moment i dont have more restarts, uplay were update and i have better performance with Far Cry 5 and this driver

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

I been playing vermintide 2 on just 18.2.1 drivers atm not game released but stable as some those game ready driver arnt what they are cracked upto be.

0 Likes

FAR CRY 5 is a piece of art! AMD+Ubisoft = thanks a lot for this game!, i back to 18.3.2 and the game runs fine!

plumboby
Miniboss

cool happy to help I only use updated Whql drivers but stagger them in 2 month intervals how I been doing videocard driver updates for a long time with the way 10 1709 updates have been lately really hit of miss on many builds. I make sure i got a stable OS before I dare apply Display updates as the quick release for game ready drivers sometimes are really rushed & cause more issues where whql drivers are registered drivers to go with the OS updates cause less of a clash issue.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback and glad you are enjoying the game/driver.

0 Likes