cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 - Issues with World of Warcraft DX12

Jump to solution

So far we have reproduced the stutter, but not the crashing.

Please can folks provide clear examples of how to reproduce the crashing and a screenshot of the image quality settings you are using in game?

railrunner
Adept II

Re: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 - Issues with World of Warcraft DX12

Jump to solution

For now, you can simply download and install older drivers. In my case I went back to the 18.12.3 drivers:

Go to AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Select your graphics card and submit the form.

Now you can find a link for "Previous Drivers" (right above the "Knowledge Base" typing), click that and select one of the older drivers to download. Haven't had any issues with 18.12.3 or 18.11.x for example. Just download the package, install the drivers and maybe check to do a clean, "new" installation.

0 Kudos
dustraider8
Adept I

Jump to solution

pastedImage_3.pngpastedImage_4.png

The crashing was very random, maybe it was happening when talking to NPC characters but I'm not sure.

0 Kudos
pr0metheus
Adept I

Jump to solution

settings1.pngsettings2.png

I don't remember any pattern how the crash happend, I think at least few times it happend while I was doing something with UI, but it wasn't exclusive to that. So sorry I can't help with that unless I reinstall the new drivers.

I also posted crash dump file analysis above, if you need any additional information I'm happy to help if I can. However I reverted back to older drivers already as well.

Edit: To be precise, my issue is the same but I get Wattman settings restored msg as another user described couple posts above.
7ead4cc276b3fc028dbb39d1f862ea3a.png

0 Kudos
sckhar
Adept I

Jump to solution

I cannot provide a screenshot at the time (it's everything on 10 except shadows and SSAO though).

But the crashing apparently was happening randomly, in some places (like Arathi) it was happening several times in a matter of a few minutes (particularly when the silver dragon addon detected a rare creature, it would still crash without it though, just less frequently) and others, such as the horde capital in zandalar was taking like 10 to 20 minutes between crashes.

Inside raids and dungeons it would also take between 10 and 20 minutes.

0 Kudos
sckhar
Adept I

Jump to solution

I have just updated to the 19.1.2 drivers for the resident evil 2 game ready driver, however wow issues are back exactly as with 19.1.1 (which by the way are not listed in the 'known issues' in the release notes for either version of the driver).

do not update to 19.1.2 from 18 version if you play wow.

pr0metheus
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thx for letting us know, i'm kinda surprised of the whole situation, everything was good untill 19.1.1 and now it seems to take very long time for amd to address the issue. 😕

0 Kudos
xtion
Adept I

Jump to solution

NO MATTER WHAT, I CAN NOT GET RIDE OF THIS ISSUE.

Hello everyone and thanks for the reports you did, so far i had random blue screen error(especially when i over clock CPU and ram and adding extra memory to my 2400G GPU from bios)

now I've issues with wow on Dx12(seems the issue persists even in Dx11) display graphic driver will block the wow.exe and not only that! even windows microsoft! so have to reset or waiting for a blue screen crash! happened with the new driver update! 19.1.1.

also before that, free sync didn't work on wow Dx12, although free sync works only on Dx11 and blizzard developers and supports said: this is something related to AMD support, not the game support.

and something weird? why GPU has 100% usage? when i do alto tab i have spike lags drop frame rate while browsing in windows and desktop! the 100% usage wasn't like that before the new update! until recently when i updated to 19.1.1.

I can fix this only by downgrading to the previous version, but still have the free sync issues with that old driver also, this is my first exp with AMD hardware and sadly i can say its not worth it even with the price, so much issues, so much crashes, especially when you look for answers and somehow you see in Youtube that people has many different issues also, streamers viewers etc etc.

Crash.jpg

Crash 2.jpg

0 Kudos
dustraider8
Adept I

Jump to solution

I've had my R9 380X for 3 years now and this is the first time I have problems with a driver.

pr0metheus
Adept I

Jump to solution

Any news on the issue?

0 Kudos