cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 - Issues with World of Warcraft DX12

Jump to solution

Sorry i cannot provide you with updates on the debugging of this issue. I would suggest using an earlier driver or to use the DX11 path for now. 

0 Likes
xtion
Adept I

Re: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 - Issues with World of Warcraft DX12

Jump to solution

Anyone's paying attention to this?

0 Likes
somet
Adept II

Jump to solution

Update:

- I noticed DX 11 is being suggested here as a fix, for me setting to DX 11 and even the lowest graphics settings in wow does not fix anything.

- I emailed AMD support, about this issue as advised, they got back to me today saying this forum link displays 404 as well as all the information I provided them on WoW, which it does not so it is most likely AMD is using that as an excuse possibly to not update the drivers to work for WoW.

- I think I am going to rip my graphics cards out my PC and burn them and cancel my WoW subscription lol.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

You can try a pre 19.1.1 driver which some users have reported resolves the issue. 

Earlier in the thread i acknolwedged the issue and engineering are looking at it.

Once i have a further update i will update the thread. 

railrunner
Adept II

Jump to solution

somet schrieb:

Update:

- I noticed DX 11 is being suggested here as a fix, for me setting to DX 11 and even the lowest graphics settings in wow does not fix anything.

- I emailed AMD support, about this issue as advised, they got back to me today saying this forum link displays 404 as well as all the information I provided them on WoW, which it does not so it is most likely AMD is using that as an excuse possibly to not update the drivers to work for WoW.

- I think I am going to rip my graphics cards out my PC and burn them and cancel my WoW subscription lol.

Please just use a previous Radeon Adrenalin driver, for me, 18.12.3 is working just fine, actually all 18.x.x drivers have been working just fine. 

Download these either via AMDs own website by selecting the small "Previous drivers" link or go to an external site, like Techpowerup:

Download AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 | TechPowerUp 

I am pretty sure they are going to fix this issue, however it might take some time. When I mailed them, they replied (just as amdmatt stated), they have received multpiple reports already and are investigating the problems.

railrunner
Adept II

Jump to solution

Yes, they are investigating this issue. For me, I never had any problems when using Freesync with my Vega 64 with any of the 18.x.x driver libraries, have been running DX12 exclusively since the 8.0 patch was available.

surferslayapkr
Adept I

Jump to solution

I wanted to chime in an say that I am experiencing the same issues as above with the GPU crashing while World of Warcraft is running in DX12. This is on a brand new RX 590 card I received yesterday on the newest drivers. The crashing would happen randomly and would receive a message stating in event viewer:

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

This is the message I recieve every time I try to play WoW in DX12. I have tested multiple other games with no such problem which seems to be isololated to WoW. I have tested DX11 which has been successful with no crashes. I decided to roll-back my driver to 18.12.3 and have been playing on DX12 with no issues thus far (DX12 is MUCH better performance wise when it's not crashing). This has to be related to the most current drivers. I'm glad I found this post as I was thinking it this new gpu that was faulty, which from reading this post seems less likely. 

0 Likes
xtion
Adept I

Jump to solution

selling my amd, buying a nvidia gpu again, biggest mistake in my gaming life i did to change to amd

0 Likes
dustraider8
Adept I

Jump to solution

What's so hard about downgrading to 18.12.3 and waiting for a fix? There will always be bugs in any software from any company ever.

0 Likes
xtion
Adept I

Jump to solution

you didn't read my post, did you? i mean the first one. just one tip that can helps you in your entire life, don't RUSH.

0 Likes