cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pokester
MVP

Re: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.x.x - Issues with World of Warcraft DX12

Jump to solution

If I can offer some other simple things that sometimes alleviate crashes in games, if you have not tried them. Disable any overlays, steam, origin, AMD etc. Disable all Windows 10 gaming features under settings, dvr, game bar, etc... 

Some times these little things can be the culprit. Worth a shot....

0 Likes
railrunner
Adept II

Re: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.x.x - Issues with World of Warcraft DX12

Jump to solution

Resolution Scale to 100% didn't solve it completely for me either. It works most of the time, however in some occasions the game stil freezes and will result in a blocked GPU access. One particular way for me to reproduce this is previewing an item within the Auction House, zoom around the preview and rotate it - the stuttering starts almost instantly, the screen freezes, keeps going for a fracture of a second. This goes on for two or three times, then the game crashes due to not being able to access my graphics card. Zero issues under DirectX 11, I've tried it.

pokester‌ I am reporting every finding to AMD which I have also posted here, but honestly, their support is not helpful at all. In their last mail, they suddenly talked about Battlefield, which I never mentioned. I more or less have again and again supplied the informations they keep asking me about.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

I feel your frustration. It is the only method we have to contact them and are at their mercy. They rarely answer me. But I still send messages.

0 Likes
railrunner
Adept II

Jump to solution

The last reply I got stated the following:

"I understand you are facing an issue while you are playing World of War craft game with DirectX 12 on Radeon VII graphic card.

We are observing the issue, It is also been noted in the release notes as known issue.I request you to wait for the next graphic card driver version to be released."

So let's hope they'll get in touch with Blizzard and figure out what's causing these weird issues.

dustraider8
Adept I

Jump to solution

This is what they replied to me 3 days ago:

"Yes, we have received report about the issue with WOW and latest drivers. Our driver team is looking into it.

I request you to stick with working drivers as of now and wait for drivers with issue fixed"

evolution73
Adept I

Jump to solution

This thread answered a lot of questions I have had for a while.

I too have had similar issues with WoW. Several months back my Red Devil RX 580 started having issues. First among them was the overclock that had been rock solid became unstable. So, I put it back to stock speeds. Then I started having lock ups, random stuttering, and random artifacts. But only in WoW. I could not reproduce it in any other game or benchmark/stress program. I came to assume my card was just slowly dying a slow death.

Then, a week ago every time I would use Wattman, and then minimize it, I would get small white artifacts on my screen for a second.

After reading this thread, I decided to uninstall all Adrenaline software and do a clean install of just the Radeon graphic driver.

And then use MSI Afterburner for my fan profile. And poof, problems gone. Its rock solid after 10+ hours of stress testing (using four different programs) and gaming. Just for fun, I put my old OC settings in and again, rock solid.

There's definitely something going on at the software level. I hope they figure it out, because I actually like Adrenaline and it's software!

8-fingered
Adept III

Jump to solution

What does winver report? Problems can be specific to a particular build (YYMM).

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

Just know to either use afterburner or Wattman, don't use both! They are not compatible with each other.

0 Likes
somet
Adept II

Jump to solution

Still no luck with this, I just hope it is fixed eventually. I have tried lowering all graphics settings and all sorts, I can't downgrade my driver version unfortunately due to needing the latest version for other more important stuff. I usually use DX11 as well in WoW for smoother running as I have bad vision anyway it don't really make much difference the graphics for me. It has been over a month just about now, it would be nice to know some sort of time scale of a possible fix? I feel like this is the only place the issue is acknowledged on the entire internet lol.

0 Likes
dustraider8
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yeah it's weird, it's like people with AMD GPUs don't play WoW and we're here the only ones.

0 Likes