cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mittwaffen
Adept III

Re: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.x.x - Issues with World of Warcraft DX12

Jump to solution

When a driver is working, then a rushed update that isnt going through proper Q&A breaks many popular titles; causes instability or even BSOD that ive read on here is not something that a developer is responsible for. 

Quality assurance in software is essential before pushing drivers that take two steps back isnt acceptable. 

0 Likes
railrunner
Adept II

Re: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.x.x - Issues with World of Warcraft DX12

Jump to solution

I have tried 19.2.2 - uninstalled everything AMD related using DDU in safemode, rebooted, installed AMD chipset drivers, rebootet, installed Radeon Adrenalin drivers, rebooted. Unfortunately the issues are still present. I am kind of baffled this doesn't get mentioned under "Known Issues" even though amdmatt confirmed they could recreate the stuttering. :/

pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

I get that you are unhappy that a fix that AMD had already done to get a title working in no longer working. I wouldn't be happy about that either. My point is that they shouldn't have had to make a work around in the driver to begin with if the game developers followed standards and or don't code to one gpu maker over another. AMD has always set the bar for open standards, where NVidia takes the proprietary path every time, fragmenting the gaming community. So make sure you send your complaints to the game maker too. Everyone rants on AMD, when overall they do a heck of a job getting the games working. My biggest gripe today is that AMD has so many issues controlling their hardware and feature sets in their own drivers and that is completely on AMD. When it comes to game drivers the are hands down better than the green team in my book. I can rattle off the same handful of games a few of which you also know to not be working on AMD well, most of those have issue on the green team too. I however can play tons of games especially older ones that play great still on AMD but don't work on my current NVidia cards. Also if you don't like the rushed drivers then don't load the beta drivers. Only load the WHQL drivers. NVidias beta drivers break crap all the time too, but they make you go to a separate page to get there betas and make it very clear they are betas. AMD sticks their beta drivers right next to their WHQL Recommended driver. Both ways of doing this are good and bad, depending on how you look at it. Bottom line is nobody makes you load a new driver. New beta drivers are going to have bugs, AMD has reporting tools for these bug, this forum not being among them as it is a USER TO USER forum only. When it comes to drivers, unless you are having an issue, don't upgrade the driver. If it isn't broken don't fix it. If you need to use the later driver as it supports another new game now but breaks another in the process then please keep letting AMD know for every driver they release that doesn't help you situation. Maybe they will have enough people complain and once again find a work around to make a game that likely didn't follow standards work again. 

Let AMD know what isn't working for you, they won't do it from posts in this forum, no driver development team here:

Online Service Request | AMD 

I have seen the AMD driver guys  talk on the AMD reddit page.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

Yes they are not consistent in listing known issues and it changes from each little point release to another. Over the past year I have seen then fix one issue only to break it on the next few releases. This was happening quite a bit with FreeSync about 10 months ago. AMD's lack of real communication and acknowledgement with it's user base is a huge issue IMHO and likely continues to erode their base. They don't take a real part in their own hosted support forum, meaning no driver team here, only mods that pretty much seem to have not a lot more access to getting things done than we do as users. When I file support tickets the only way that AMD gives us to communicate with them, they have rarely ever responded on with auto-reply's. All you can do is hope they are listening. I know that there are a lot of hardware issues with the current drivers still but a ray of hope is that these last couple of drivers did fix for many several long standing problems. So that is encouraging to me. All you can do is just keep reporting these issues to them for every driver that does not fix or acknowledge an issue exists: Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes
mittwaffen
Adept III

Jump to solution

Use DDU do a clean install. They seem to work fine after that for me. 

bwyazel
Adept I

Jump to solution

I did a DDU and a clean install and still got the crash. The crash happened right as the talking head dialog window popped up. I think a user above reported that as the source of the crash

@amdmatt has the AMD team figured this one out yet? Any idea why it isn't listed in the list of known issues?

0 Likes
railrunner
Adept II

Jump to solution

I also tried a clean deinstallation using DDU followed by a fresh, new installation of 18.10 chipset drivers and 19.2.2 Adrenalin drivers. At first I thought it would be working, but after not even three minutes the stuttering and freezing issues appeared again.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

Did you report this to AMD driver development. Matt won't know he is being referenced unless you picked his name, you will know you did it right as it will then be a blue hyper link like this :  amdmatt‌ 

Report your issue to AMD driver team :  Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes
mittwaffen
Adept III

Jump to solution

1) I did a DDU clean with restart x1
2) Deleted all amd driver downloads off the pc, kept the 19.2.2 on desktop.
3) Ran glary utilities, cleaned junk files and recycling off pc.

4) Disabled ethernet

2) Open up DDU again, run a cleaner for AMD GPU again to shutdown, kept off for 5mins roughly.
Turned on again, began to install the latest file for the drivers off my desktop. 
Installed and works perfectly; zero issues. 

I had BSOD, Artifacts, Artifacts on boot driver load, Crashes, endless issues before i did this.
I think these drivers work fine, but their sensitive to previous data on the OS, I was saying they
were crap but i revert my statements. Legit thought my card was dying or dead. I was booting into space invaders artifacts on boot up.

Legit driver issue, very complex that most people wont go that far but if you ever run DDU, minimum to run it is x2 or more IMO.
Even world of warcraft doesnt crash anymore, like their rock solid stable when installed OCD level 10 (listed above).

This was for my RX 580.

bwyazel
Adept I

Jump to solution

I did report it yes. I haven't ever heard back from them though

0 Likes