cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

railrunner
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 - Issues with World of Warcraft DX12

Jump to solution

Actually just a few weeks ago nVidia broke WoW with a driver release, which was indeed "optimized" for 8.1 DX12 support.

And regarding your Freesync issue with earlier drivers:
I have been testing BfA since late Alpha and have more or less exclusively used DX12 (which was a real pain up until mid beta) during that time, Freesync was always working for me.

0 Kudos
somet
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 - Issues with World of Warcraft DX12

Jump to solution

This entire topic needs to be updated to take into account it is effecting DX11 on wow not just DX12.

Can anyone confirm as such, WoW is now working on the latest driver update or not please?: Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.1 Release Notes | AMD 

0 Kudos
bwyazel
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I bit the bullet and installed 19.2.1 to try it out, and nope, the bug is still present. No change from 19.1.x

Also, there is a separate issue floating around which is a AMD shader cache bug with WoW. Even on 18.12.3 this shader cache bug can cause crashes to desktop, but this should not be confused with the bug reported in this issue. This bug results in a full driver crash, whereas the shader cache bug results in the game crashing to desktop without the driver crashing.

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

I wonder if he did a clean install? I wonder if he knew there were options with DDU?

https://community.amd.com/thread/236470 

0 Kudos
pr0metheus
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Really? Is the issue still present in 19.2.1 drivers? AND this is still not listed as a known issue.. What the heck AMD :\ 

bwyazel
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

No I didn't DDU it before testing. Would this help? I did DDU it a month ago right when the 19.1.1 drivers first came out and it didn't help, but also I don't remember DDU a month ago having that AMDKMPFD option.

0 Kudos
brenton
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Any updates? 19.2.1 doesn't fix the WoW crash according to bwyazel

0 Kudos
railrunner
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

pr0metheus schrieb:

Really? Is the issue still present in 19.2.1 drivers? AND this is still not listed as a known issue.. What the heck AMD :\ 

I didn't even bother with the new driver because the issue wasn't under the "fixed" list, up until no I didn't even realize it's not under the "known" list either. :\

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Have you reported it to AMD? Have you suggested anyone with the issue to report it to AMD?

AMD Issue Reporting Form 

surferslayapkr
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I thought the problem was reported as above? Admin named amdmatt. Why is this not put as a known issue if it's been reported a week ago? 

0 Kudos