Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rhyagelle
Newcomer

Radeon Software 19.12.2 [Breaks Red Dead Redemption 2]

Hello,

Just posting (and maybe asking if there's a solution?) that the latest software update, 19.12.2, completely breaks Red Dead Redemption 2. To the point that you are unable to even boot the game. It freezes it though you can still hear the audio. If you alt-tab, you can actually see it progressing, but if you go back in, it remains frozen. A fresh install of the driver, resetting settings for RDR2 etc etc does nothing. I've tested 3 other drivers for AMD and it immediately relieves the issue. But the later requires you deleting the cache, so it seems like the new driver also destroys the cache for RDR2 in the Documents location.

Also, if you stay on the frozen screen long enough, the game will crash with a "ERR_GFX_STATE Error" error.

Setup:

i7-8700k
RX 570
16gb RAM

0 Likes
2 Replies
vareta
Adept I

Edit:  Solved with new driver Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.3

Same problem, i returned to version 19.11.3.

I write the problem in this post

RX590 driver / GPU hung crash in multiple games (Fifa20, Call of Duty Modern Warfare and possibly Ge... 

0 Likes

My issue was not solved with the new driver. Every exit of the game breaks it. I have to change settings in Radeon to something random, reboot PC and launch the game. If I exit, the issues return. Reverting drivers still fixes the issue.

0 Likes