cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xacid
Journeyman III

Radeon Settings won't open when game is running

I've had this issue for awhile now and I can't seem to find a solution.

I reinstalled Windows 10 a month or so ago and installed the then latests drivers and noticed if I have a game open and try to open radeon settings the radeon settings window does what is pictures below. 

I've tried rolling back the drivers using DDU and get the same result until I hit the drivers from February 21.2.2 and those work fine. Each time AMD releases a new driver I try it and end up just rolling back to the 21.2.2 version. 

However I did find a work around by using the hotkey to open the overlay but that seems somewhat annoying to have to do that.

Currently still on 21.6.1 as I haven't bothered to roll the driver back yet as I want to finally fix the problem.

Win 10 is fully updated, 6800xt gpu, 5600x cpu

Any help would be greatly appreciated  

ndeurerkbx671.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
xacid
Journeyman III

Bumping as this is still happening. Anyone have an idea?

0 Likes

I've been having the same issue from the day I bought my 5700XT and now I am running a 6900XT with latest driver, still have the same issue. Adrenaline won't open while a DirextX game is running, and if I have it opened before running the game, I can't move it around, and often it would crashes randomly.

Oh, I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 with a completely fresh installation, still the same issue. Very annoying.

0 Likes

Hi,

Same Issue for me and overlay crash, Win 10/11

Not a fix but "My Current old/work around" while running driver 22.3.1 and Windows 11 Pro..

I Turned off / uncheck everything!
including the over-lay in the Adrenalin setting then set Performance Tuning to Default.

I Deleted all game profiles and don't use them.

Right click Steam, click Settings, click on the Interface tab and uncheck everything restart Steam.

Windows 11 security center has gotten real tight, so I add exclusions, that helped right away.

I Installed, MSI Afterburner, so I can control my video card fans.

I Installed, CPUID HWMonitor, so you can see/watch all temperatures and power used on my system I also run ICUE.

I've been running AMD for 11 years, it's always the same stuff in these post, I stay because of EyeFinity.

All I want to do is race! so I do what it takes,
while AMD and Steam battle with Windows new coding and firewall rules, I wait for the next driver.

Since doing this,

The True Force feed back on my G923 wheel has been amazing,
I get around 230 FPS with low graphic settings so I have plenty to work with.

My Rig:

~ MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS AM4

~ AMD RYZEN 5 3600XT 6-Core

~ MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING-X

~ HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 3200

~ SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2

~ MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS AM4
~ AMD RYZEN 5 3600XT 6-Core @ 4.6 GHz
~ PowerColor Red Devil RX 6750 XT
~ HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 3200
~ SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2
~ Windows 11 Pro