cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sinojos
Journeyman III

Re: Radeon settings version and Driver version do not match. Please try again after updating to latest version(s).

R9 390 has been over a year now, still no fix from AMD. Last AMD Graphics card for me, the R9 390 being the second AMD graphics card I have used in 37 years of pc gaming. As paying customers we should not have to go into the registry and do edits, or do any kind of special tricks to get AMD drivers and or software to work. Linux support is even worse, hard to believe but it is.

I dual boot and I had hope that with Open Source support AMD would get better on LInux, but no. Combined with the crappy Windows support, just not worth it. The R9 390 is overall the most problematic and worst graphics card I have ever used. Think not, simply do a google search for the subject of this thread, and all the other issues with AMD graphics on Linux and Windows.  AMD drivers have an ongoing problem that AMD refuses to rectify.

AMD processors are great processors, but the Graphics Cards are crap. Hard to believe they both come from the same manufacture. After two bad AMD Graphics cards in a row, not getting my money a third time.

crazyjose
Adept I

Re: Radeon settings version and Driver version do not match. Please try again after updating to latest version(s).

merls workaround worked for me! ty!

I still have the entries of controllset 2 and 3 but it worked nonetheless

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Hi,

I understand your frustration.

Which version of Linux are you running?

I have been testing Steam Play Beta for Linux and also Native Linux Performance on Fedora 28 and Ubuntu over the past week.

You can see the test result videos here: Steam for Linux :: Introducing a new version of Steam Play. If you run Linux, can you please test ...

I worked with and got help and advice from friendly and helpful people on the Level1 Techs Forum here: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/windows-games-on-steam-for-linux-proton-client-testing-grounds/13121...

I have not added any tools to overclock the CPU in Linux, that had to be done in BIOS (it uses settings determined by ASUS AISUITE III in Windows 10).

So the CPU overclock is unlikely to be optimal in Linux.
I have not done anything to prioritize CPU effort, or kill any background jobs that may help gaming performance.
The Corsair H100i CPU Watercooler is running at default effort, In Windows 10 all fans and cooling would be maxed out.
I have not overclocked the GPU either. Those videos just show native GPU performance. In Windows 10 I would normally modify the Fan Profile and Power Setting to +50%. I might also overclock the GPU by ~ 5% to gain a couple of FPS.

There is no GUI for AMD Drivers on Linux for > 2 years now, so I looked for one myself.

I was initially so annoyed that there is still on AMD GUI on Linux so I can monitor/control my AMD GPU cards that I was going to attempt to write one using QT and C++.

However realistically I have other work to do and a living to earn. I should not have to do it.

I paid money for my numerous AMD GPU's.
Working Drivers and a GUI should be included.

I have been talking with  the developer Radeon-Profile and 'doing some work, on my own initiative '.

Temporary GUI Solution to monitor your AMD GPU's for AMDGPU & AMDGPUPRO Drivers on Ubuntu 16.04 ...

I will be updating that thread with latest information in a moment.

Much work went into running the above testing. If you like what I did, please give some likes to the posts and add some comments, as it might manage to get some attention from AMD about the need for a GUI on Linux and better support of AMD Drivers on Linux. I can see migration from Windows to Linux increasing in the next year.

There are many people out here who will happily run testing and give feedback in an attempt to improve things, for free.
However it feels like if you report a problem, or state a bad situation, the instant reaction is to attack the messenger and "protect" AMD.
This is so short sighted.

It feels like no one listens.

Thanks.

0 Likes
terry2uk
Adept II

Whats this got to do wth the forementioned radeon settings do not match ???   

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 at 11:26, colesdav<amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

#yiv2866628269 * #yiv2866628269 a #yiv2866628269 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv2866628269 #yiv2866628269 h1, #yiv2866628269 h2, #yiv2866628269 h3, #yiv2866628269 h4, #yiv2866628269 h5, #yiv2866628269 h6, #yiv2866628269 p, #yiv2866628269 hr {}#yiv2866628269 .yiv2866628269button td {}

|

Community

|

Radeon settings version and Driver version do not match. Please try again after updating to latest version(s).

colesdav marked sinojos's reply on Radeon settings version and Driver version do not match. Please try again after updating to latest version(s). as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

R9 390 has been over a year now, still no fix from AMD. Last AMD Graphics card for me, the R9 390 being the second AMD graphics card I have used in 37 years of pc gaming. As paying customers we should not have to go into the registry and do edits, or do any kind of special tricks to get AMD drivers and or software to work. Linux support is even worse, hard to believe but it is.

I dual boot and I had hope that with Open Source support AMD would get better on LInux, but no. Combined with the crappy Windows support, just not worth it. The R9 390 is overall the most problematic and worst graphics card I have ever used. Think not, simply do a google search for the subject of this thread, and all the other issues with AMD graphics on Linux and Windows.  AMD drivers have an ongoing problem that AMD refuses to rectify.

AMD processors are great processors, but the Graphics Cards are crap. Hard to believe they both come from the same manufacture. After two bad AMD Graphics cards in a row, not getting my money a third time.

Following Radeon settings version and Driver version do not match. Please try again after updating to latest version(s). in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Seem like the latest AMD Driver supposingly fixed the problem with Radeon Settings: Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 Release Notes

Fixed Issues

• Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable when playing Monster Hunter™: World.
  • Radeon Settings may sometimes not appear in the right-click context menu on Windows® desktop after Radeon Software installation.
  • AMD Link may fail to connect on Android Pie devices due to authentication failures.
  • Some DirectX®12 gaming applications may experience instability while recording with Radeon ReLive on system configurations using Radeon R9 290 and Radeon R9 390 series graphics products."
  • Radeon Settings may sometimes popup an error message due to Driver and Radeon Settings version mismatch.
  • Cursor or system lag may be observed on some system configurations when two or more displays are connected and one display is powered off.
proclivitas
Adept II

I was going to say, I'm not going to believe it until I see it with my eyes...  so yes, I saw it.

Confirmed resolved.

Only took 7 months...  Thanks to the amazing people who identified the registry entry, and then the exact problem.

pedro-nf
Adept III

Version 18.9.1 finally fixed the problem for me (Win 7 x64 SP1 minus spyware updates, RX 570 and... MSI Afterburner!!!).

I would like to especially thank ray_m for all his dedication to solve the problem. He kept contacting me and other users privately to ask for feedback, which he then forwarded to the dev team.

ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your kind words. But it would not have been possible without the patience and some really excellent help we received from some members here. Thank you all.

ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since this issue has now been resolved, I am locking this thread,

who_am_l
Journeyman III

Re: Radeon settings version and Driver version do not match. Please try again after updating to late

I found a solution for the AMD Radeon Software & Drivers Bug "Radeon Software and Drivers versions do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version(s)." and  "Radeon Settings and Driver versions do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version(s)." To solve the bug, please follow the steps:

1. Open the Device Manager
  2. Search your graphic card (Display Adapters > Your Graphic Card)
  3. Right click it and open the Properties
  4. Go to Driver and click Update Driver
  5. Browse now your computer for drivers
  6. Pick the list of avaible drivers on your computer
  7. Select the latest installed AMD Radeon Driver and click on next

Now, the AMD will be install and after that, restart your pc and the AMD Driver will work.

0 Likes