Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ahya93
Adept I

Radeon Settings on FX-8800P Crash

Jump to solution

I have a ASUS X555DG with AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics + Radeon™ R8 M350DX Dual Graphics with 2GB DDR3 VRAM Built-in FX-8800P.

Crimson Driver 15.201 Detects the dual graphics as an R5 which is wrong. If I update drivers through Device Manager (Win10x64) it detects and installs R8 correctly but then the Radeon Settings crashes at Display Tab. Is this a Crimson issue?

Secondly, why is their no information regarding R8 graphics on the AMD site?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amdpete
Staff
Staff

Re: Radeon Settings on FX-8800P Crash

Jump to solution

That laptop uses the R6 onboard the CPU and a R7 M360 GPU chip, both of which use Hybrid Crossfire to make it a R8 M350DX when combined. There is no such thing as a R8 stand alone GPU which is why it isn't on the AMD site.  The R7 M360 and R5 44x & R5 46x use the same Topaz XT GPU core so share the same driver.  It is the GPU BIOS which determines its functions not the name in the device manager.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
amdpete
Staff
Staff

Jump to solution

That laptop uses the R6 onboard the CPU and a R7 M360 GPU chip, both of which use Hybrid Crossfire to make it a R8 M350DX when combined. There is no such thing as a R8 stand alone GPU which is why it isn't on the AMD site.  The R7 M360 and R5 44x & R5 46x use the same Topaz XT GPU core so share the same driver.  It is the GPU BIOS which determines its functions not the name in the device manager.

View solution in original post

ahya93
Adept I

Jump to solution

thank you sir...

i just try reinstall the driver but windows always automaticly update the driver which make radeon display setting crash again and again.. Can anyone sugest to fix this problem...

0 Kudos
amdpete
Staff
Staff

Jump to solution

Use the Display Driver Uninstaller utility (DDU) in windows safe mode.  Then reinstall the drivers.

Display Driver Uninstaller Thread - Guru3D.com Forums

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

To block Windows 10 from forcing the Windows Update driver on your system, check my advice in this thread.

ahya93
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thanks amdpete and amdmatt, the windows not update automaticly again...