cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mr_bien
Adept I

Radeon Settings Freeze Crash in 20 30 secconds no matter what I try

Problem:  After opening Radeon Settings panel (whether it be right click from desktop or from tray icon) without changing anything, just looking around the panel will freeze and I can only correct it with CTRL+ALT+DEL and clost it then right click desktop to reopen the program.  This has been the case with every version since I purchased the card with 19.4.3 being the worst offender. It doesnt cause any system crashes but is EXTREMELY annoying!  I currently have two Radeon Cards in my system but the issue has been an issue since the beginning with a New PC build, Fresh Windows, on all new parts with only the Radeon VII card installed.

Attempts to correct:  Fresh install of windows, also tried older windows 10 builds and joined the insider program to get pre-release builds. Uninstalled Drivers and ran AMD cleanup utility (on administrator accnt, second attempt in safemode) then fresh install of drivers/software (Problem Persists). Uninstalled drivers/software using GURU3d Display Driver Utility (on administrator accnt, second attempt in safemode). Updated the Bios on both graphics cards

Radeon VII to Version 016.004.000.038.011717.

R9 Fury Nano to Version 015.049.000.012.006449

Build Information:

Windows 10 Ver 1903 Build 18362.53

CPU: i7-9700K

MB: MSI z390 Gaming Edge AC

MEM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ

GRPX: Radeon VII in 16x PCI slot / R9 Fury Nano in 8x PCI slot

PWR: Corsair 850w

16 Replies