Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jdrobinson314
Challenger

Re: Radeon Settings Freeze Crash in 20 30 secconds no matter what I try

Well, that's just aggravating.

I would pull a card and see what comes of it - if you can get stable driver UI with one or the other. If I'm understanding this correctly, then there's display, just no access to the drivers UI.

0 Likes
jdrobinson314
Challenger

Regarding the original post configuration, it does not appear that the motherboard supports x16+x8, it's x8,x8,x4 or x16,0x,x4 for the x16 slots - try setting the bandwidth for those slots in the bios manually as not all display card devices sound off properly ( on the pcie bus in bios vesa dma mode ( or what have you ).

I know my vega was reporting x16 and another card was report x8 on my motherboard that's not a possible configuration and it took manually tweaking it and a bios update to fix it. The symptoms were the same however - crashing driver UI.

0 Likes
jdrobinson314
Challenger

0th3rs‌, please disregard that comment, it was out of context -if all that's happening is wattman crashing, it's probably got something to do with a memory leak in the UI - I've had this happen on and off and just use gpuz to monitor thermals , etc, until I get a reliable configuration or profile.

0 Likes
neroalek
Journeyman III

Same here. Version 19.12.1 and 19.9.2. Radeon Settings always freezes when menu tooltips pop up. And this always happens on the thirtieth tooltip. 29 tooltips are displayed normally, but on the thirtieth the application freezes.

0 Likes
slothify
Journeyman III

Has anybody come with a solution to this problem? because i'm currently having it.

0 Likes
jdrobinson314
Challenger

You may need to get the latest msvcc/msfc updates ( .NET frameworks, there are two now for version 3 and 4 ), these updates usually occur through windows update when you have the option to update other Microsoft products selected.

There was an update out for both last week as well as the 2004 version feature update ( didn't release to me until last week ). I have a custom built machine. 

0 Likes
rikimaruuk
Adept I

This fixed my crashes, make sure Turn on fast start-up is NOT ticked

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes