Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

reinvented
Adept I

Radeon Settings does not load on startup

Hi guys,

I saw in all the releases that this HAS been fixed.  However, this still is not fixed at all for the last 7 releases so far for me.

I do a complete uninstall and reinstall every time to make sure, and yet Radeon settings tray icon fails to load about 80% of the time. 

CPU: i7 3770K

Memory: 8GB Crucial Ballistix

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77M-Pro

PSU: Corsair HX650

GPU: XFX R9 280X TDFD

I've put in numerous requests to have this looked at, and nothing has come of it.  Should I just assume it's trash drivers again?

Thanks.

0 Likes
15 Replies
redfury
Big Boss

Re: Radeon Settings does not load on startup

If it is still a driver bug ,you only can wait.

But you can have some system errors in addition to this well known driver bug.Try to reinstall the latest driver:

1.Delete C:\AMD folder

2.Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program​ 17.2.1 driver Windows 10 ​​(​64-bit)​​​

reinvented
Adept I

As I said, I've done full cleans and reinstalls using DDU.  Nothing worked.  Just garbage drivers again.  I'd like for this to get fixed sometime soon, as it's been a few months now. 

0 Likes
redfury
Big Boss

You are the only one here with this problem.

Does it mean something to you?

Perform this two commands by the same way

sfc /scannow

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

And check your HDD for viruses and errors.

0 Likes
reinvented
Adept I

I've already reinstalled Windows....it's still the same. It's not just me...I've seen other people with this problem before too.  And not everyone is going to post about it either here on the forums.  You should probably know that as well.  Does that mean anything to you?

0 Likes
ambrose
Challenger

Hello,

I get this at times, it may be a thorn once in a while but it is no big deal to start AMD settings from Start menu, Click the Pref tab when window comes up, uncheck and re-check enable system tray, and done.

Cheers, Ambrose

reinvented
Adept I

Oh I know that, but that means that it's not functioning correctly when the box is checked under preferences.  For AMD moderators to tell me that its my own setup, and none of their fixes worked, or for them to tell me to just "deal with it" or just open it from Start Menu is just plain wrong and very lazy support. 

0 Likes
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Which AMD moderators are you referring to ?

Also, other members like you are trying to help, there is no need to be rude, sarcastic or aggressive.

ambrose
Challenger

Hello Again,

Sorry if you felt I was trying to sweep your issue under the rug, This issue is known about and I am sure that it will get looked into. I have faith in the Devs at AMD. So for me I am not that bothered by it. If however you or anyone else has something they wish to inform the Devs about there is a problem reporting wizard that one can use. Accessed via Start menu.

Another thing that I have to voice here and have been vocal about it a number of times, People who use Windows 10 I hope are just as vocal to those Devs at windows 10 when it comes to experiencing issues while using that O.S.

Cheers, Ambrose

daonayt
Adept I

It is 2020 and this still isn't fixed. I have a fresh Win10 installation. Half of the stuff in Radeon Software doesnt work properly. The new fancy edition seems to be even worse than previous.

0 Likes