Journeyman III

Radeon Settings are Currently not Available. 2018

Hello,

I have an Asus Notebook X555DG.

Processor:  AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Computer Cores 4C+6G 1.80GHz

Installed RAM: 8.00GB

Windows 10 -64bit

Graphic Card: Radeon R6 M3400X 2GB

I had a comparable issue to this thread: Radeon Settings Are Not Currently Available - A10-8700P APU 17.12.2 . However it hasn't quite panned out for me in the same way.

I have previously done multiple clean uninstalls with DDU, used the most recent drivers from the AMD website, as well as also attempted to use the ones recommended by Asus support.

The most recent recommendation being to install the Asus Chipset and thereafter using the Radeon minimal setup to update the graphics card to the most compatible. This puts me in the place, where I now get the prompt "Radeon Settings are currently not available. Please try again after connecting AMD graphics." and my device manager shows an issue with graphics and chip.

pc issues 5.PNG

0 Likes
8 Replies

If you have Asus GPU Tweak (or any third party controller) delete it from your computer, re-install the AMD drivers Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers .

Install the full version of the latest driver for your laptop > APU

Disconnect from the internet before you start installing the new drivers.

0 Likes

I don't seem to have Asus GPU Tweak or at least one that I can actually affect. I've done a clean install before, granted not the full version but the minimal setup since ASUS support explained to me that my 'graphic is integrated in the processor' and that I install the chipset amd drivers separate and then the graphics driver minimal setup. The advice afterwards was to re-install windows if that didnt work, which I am currently unable to do and seems a bit blunt.

0 Likes

What they told you is a bunch of hooey. You always install the full version...never the 'minimal setup'. You have a APU. You only install One driver. That driver servers the integrated and discrete graphics. Please read this > Laptop graphics update...How to

The correct driver is found like this: Download Drivers

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

Look in the task manager...do you see Asus tweak? Look in Services..look in the control panel/remove a program..I pretty sure all Asus laptops have this install by default. You need to remove/delete it.

0 Likes

Also check for a chipset and/or bios update from the manufacturer > X555DG Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS Global

0 Likes

I've checked task manager, Services and control panel/ install/uninstall programs. No ASUS Tweak. Regarding the Bios/chipset update, there is one. I've technically done a chipset update to a specific one recommended by asus support. Have yet to do the BIOS one. Would be best to do that one as well?

0 Likes

It's always best to keep the bios up to date.

0 Likes
beardedmenace80
Journeyman III

What version of Windows 10 are you running. I had a similar problem after a complete windows install. I couldn't figure out what the problem was because the integrated video was working just fine before the reinstall. I just let Windows fully update to the newest build and all my issues went away. I was almost going to use DDU but luckily everything worked out fine. I'm running the Ryzen 5 2400g by the way.

0 Likes