cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adept I
Adept I

Radeon settings appears to create a "Radeon Relive" folder in videos after every reboot. Radeon relive is not installed, nor want it. How do I prevent folder creation?

Radeon settings appears to create a "Radeon Relive" folder in videos after every reboot. Radeon relive is not installed, nor want it. How do I prevent folder creation?

I don't use Radeon Relive.  Why is the unwanted empty folder being created?   How do I stop it?

9 Replies
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Radeon settings appears to create a "Radeon Relive" folder in videos after every reboot. Radeon relive is not installed, nor want it. How do I prevent folder creation?

If the folder is empty and just in your Video folder. I wouldn't worry about it. It is taking up very little Hard drive space and does no harm.

By any chance, did you install Relive in the past? If you did, try using Windows Uninstallation of AMD driver and associated software and then use DDU in safe mode. Plus delete C:\AMD folder in the root directory. Doing that should delete all traces of the Relive program. If after reinstallation of AMD software and the Relive folder is regenerated, It may just be part of the way the software was programed to install. So I would just ignore it.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Radeon settings appears to create a "Radeon Relive" folder in videos after every reboot. Radeon relive is not installed, nor want it. How do I prevent folder creation?

Same problem here.

Its not about the space occupied, its about a folder on my desktop that nobody asked for, and I want my desktop clean.

I don't remember to have it installed anytime, but it could be possible. Anyhow, at this moment Relive is not installed now.

I don't think that reinstalling it all will cure, the problem. Its something active from the current drivers that keeps recreating the folder. I suspect the directory could be changed with the following registry key:

HKCU\Software\AMD\DVR\CaptureFileOutput\

but I don't know ho to disable it.

Esteemed Contributor III

That's a new one ?, I cant recall ever having the folder appear on desktop.

When did it start happening ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

It started when I installed the latest Radeon update for my graphics adapter.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

For me, after a few reboots, it appears the folder is no longer created.  It's almost as if the software "learned" that it's not using Radeon Relive.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Mine started some updates ago, but I don't remember which one (at the moment I thought they would solve it quickly, but it didn't happened ).

After changing the registry folder it doesn't appeared any more on the desktop, now it appears somewhere else were it annoys less, but its still nonsense.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I'm having the same problem as well and find it very annoying because it shows up on my Desktop. I wish somebody on the AMD tech staff would answer this question.

Esteemed Contributor III

Why don't you ask AMD? Email Form

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

You ever get an answer about the folder appearing on the desktop?  Folder just started to appear on my desktop after a handful of reboots.

0 Kudos