cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kbradrs
Adept I

Radeon Settings (All versions so far inc. betas) wont open. No errors, simply wont load.

I cant seem to get Radeon settings to open on this setup:

AMD A10-7850k cpu

AMD MSI Radeon r9 290x gpu

24Gb RAM

2 x 1 Terabyte WD HDD

MSI A88X-G45 Gaming Motherboard

600W PSU

Windows 10 64 Bit

Desktop

Currently tried DDU and reinstalling with no result

SFC /SCANNOW tried in cmd - Got an error, can send the cbs.log to whomever and however asked

Windows updated except for - Definition Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB3114999) 32-Bit Edition - whereas i get this error - There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later

Cant find any help that resolves the problem online.

Not willing to restore nor anything that requires mass data loss unless there is an easy way of recovering that data is possible.

I cant find many people with this result online. And those that are meeting this problem seem to fix by installing Windows 7 SP1. As far as im aware this is not applicable with windows 10.

Thankyou

0 Likes
3 Replies
qwixt
Forerunner

Re: Radeon Settings (All versions so far inc. betas) wont open. No errors, simply wont load.

I think the GUI requires .NET, so make sure you have it activated in Windows Features. Here's what mine looks like, I have installed visual studio express, so it might  look a bit different.

winfeatures.jpg

kbradrs
Adept I

Re: Radeon Settings (All versions so far inc. betas) wont open. No errors, simply wont load.

I'm sorry to have marked this correct. This solution worked 1 time only.i dont know why but after these steps the issue was resolved., but then re-occured

Just checkked and the windows features have not restored. They are still as was when did the edit that you suggested

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please try these steps to resolve your issue.

1. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

2. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

3. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

4. Attempt to install the latest Crimson 16.5.1 drivers once the above is completed.

0 Likes